Does Fraxel Help with Rolling Acne Scars? if Not, What Does?

inhave rolling acne scars, i believe, they are shallow indented scars that have no sharp edges. they show up looking creases in my cheeks when i smile. what treatment would be best for these types of scars?

Injectable Filler Excellent For Rolling Acne Scars

+2

If the scars are shallow and rolling in nature, they will do beautifully with injectable filler.  In our practice, we use liquid injectable silicone as it is incredibly precise and permanent.  I personally do not feel Fraxel provides much improvement or longevity of the improvement, especially considering the cost. Click on the link below for before and after photos of patients with acne scars treated with liquid injectable silicone. 

Hello

+1

In our practice the lasers we do is Dot Laser, Profractional C02 laser, micro laser peel and or VI peel for very mild acne scarring. If you go to our website you can read about each procedure and you can kind of determine what would benefit you the best. You have quite a few options for acne scars depending on how deep they are.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Fraxel for rolling scars can this help

+1

This can help. But in my experience fraxel that uses the longer wavelength for deeper heating is not that effective as opposed to the co2 laser. I would consider the co2 laser instead in my experience and from talking to other people who have had fraxel. A multilayered approach would be a good option for full healing of your skin.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel Laser Treats Rolling Acne Scars

+1

Yes, both the Fraxel Dual and the Fraxel Repair lasers are excellent for acne scar treatment, including rolling scars. Both work by stimulating new collagen growth in the skin, replacing the collagen structures that cause scarring. However, the Fraxel Repair uses a more intense wavelength and thus is only safe to use on fair skin types. The Fraxel Dual is safe for all skin types.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fractionated Resurfacing is a Great Treatment for Rolling Acne Scars

+1

Fractionated resurfacing of the skin by using devices such as fraxel is an excellent way to treat rolling scars and shallow indentations left behind from acne. Unfortunately, acne scarring often requires more than one type of treatment.There are other options available including subcision with or without the injection of dermal fillers under the surface of the skin. Your dermatologist should be able to individualize a treatment program specifically for you and your skin, to give you the absolute best results.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Restore improves rolling acne scars

+1

Acne scarring which is characterized by shallow, rolling scars are the easiest type of acne scar to improve with laser resurfacing and other acne scarring treatments. Multiple clinical trials have repeatedly showed an average 60-65% improvement in the appearance of acne scars using 5 treatments at monthly intervals with the Fraxel Restore laser (or other laser devices using the same technology but marketed by other laser companies). Please consult with your board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to optimize your results with the Fraxel laser for your acne scars.

Warmest Regards,

Dr. Jennifer Peterson, FAAD

Jennifer Peterson, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Fraxel is very helpful for acne scars

+1

fraxel is the best thing to come along for improvement of acne scarring in the 25 years i have been practicing plastic surgery. nothing will completely remedy the problem, but the improvement with fraxel, compared with anything else, is remarkable (and the downtime is minimal).

with all due respect to my colleague from dermatology, i would be very wary of any permanent fillers since they are just that, permanent. if you don't like what they do, it may well be hard to reverse what you've done.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon