Will Xeomin Help with Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis) the Same Way Botox Does?

I've heard these products are nearly the same, so I'm curious if Xeomin will help with sweating also, or if that is only something Botox can do?

All three botulinum toxin products can be used to treat hyperhidrosis.

+2

Excessive sweating is estimated to affect 2-3% of the population.  Clinicians have now successful used BOTOX, Xeomin, and Dysport to treated hyperhidrosis.  So the answer is yes Xeomin will help with hyperhidrosis

+1

Yes.  The three neuromodulators on the market (Botox, Xeomin and Dysport) are largely similar and interchangeable in terms of effectiveness and duration of the correction, assuming equivalent dosages (50 units of Botox = 50 units of Xeomin = about 150 units of Dysport).  That applies for all areas of the body, including those treated for hyperhidrosis (usually the axillas = underarms).

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Xeomin for Hyperhidrosis

+1

Xeomin or Incobotulinum by its official name, has been found to be effective for both axillary ( armpit) hyperhidrosis ( excessive sweating) and palmar hyperhidrosis. This according to a study published in the Acta Derm and Venereology October 2012. This was an open study with a total of 58 patients with axillary hyperhidrosis and 26 with palmar hyperhidrosis. Investigators injected axillae with 107  +/- 22 units of Xeomin and palms with 213 +/- units of Xeommin into the palms. At a three week follow up visit all patients treated for axillary hyperhidrosis were satisfied, and the DLQI ( Dermatology LIfe Quality Index had improved from 12.0 to 1.7. Similar results were found in the palmar group. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Xeomin should be effective for excessive sweating

+1

Botox, Xeomin and Dysport work in very similar fashion whether they're used to treat wrinkles or hyperhidrosis. Thus, Xeomin should work for underarm sweating just like Botox and Dysport.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes Xeomin can be used for Hyperhidrosis

+1

Yes, injecting Xeomin to the areas with excessive sweating will work the same way as Botox. Both Xeomin and Botox are botulinium toxins and act by temporally blocking neurotransmitters that stimulate sweat production.

John Soderberg, MD, MPH
Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

Xeomin for treatment of hyperhidrosis

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

Xeomin is a neuromodulator with similar efficacy to that of Dysport and Botox.  All three products are effective for the management of hyperhidrosis.  

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Xeomin and Botox for hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating

+1

Xeomin functions similar to Botox injections for hyperhidrosis, but is currently not FDA approved for that use.  Clinical evidence supports its use for hyperhidrosis in the armpits.  Botox Medical works well for this problem and I use it in my practice in Los Angeles. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS