Forehead Treatment For Caveman Bump? (photo)

Hi, i'm 23 and male. My problem is not the agressive look i have because of the difference between my eyes and my brow line(is a problem, but not what really concerns me by now). My problem is that i have a huge variance between my forehead and the rest of upper head. So is it possible to make that variance disappear by adding something on the "upper head"(to reduce the variance between them) or reduce the forehead. thanks in advance.

Often a combination approach

+2

While it is obvious that the cause of the "bump" is a large frontal sinus (this essentially pushes the front part of the sinus/forehead wall outwards to create the "bossing"), you just need to make sure that there is not a systemic hormonal problem which can cause numerous medical problems as life goes on.  Please consult your primary physician to review this. 

Regardless, the next consideration is how to lessen the "bump".  While just shaving down or cutting the bump/reshaping it/replacing it in a flatter position is what would be required, sometimes we note that above the bump is a flattened forehead---in this case we actually add some implant material above the "bossed" region to improve the curvature of the forehead overall.  You should know that an incision over the top of the head (a "coronal approach") would likely be required.  Good luck to you!

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead bumps protruding.

+1

This is a problem that  I correct several times peronth for both men and women who have prominent forehead bossing. I shave the excess bone so it is even with the rest of your forehead. Having done this surgery for 35 years I can tell you it is safe and you can return to work in less than a week. 

Forehead Bossing

+1

The first thing is to determine what is causing the prominence in your forehead.  Sometimes an imbalance in your hormones can cause this manifestation.  In terms of appearance, there are a couple of ways to improve this.  The bone can be shaved down or the area above it can be filled in to create a smoother transition.  Please consult with a board certified specialist with a background in facial plastic surgery or head and neck surgery who can assist you with this.

Kimberly Lee, MD