How Long to Wait After Botox to Have Brow Lift?

I'm planning on having a facelift/browlift later this year. Given uncertainty as to when I can take time off from work for surgery, yesterday I impetuously opted for the immediate gratification of Botox for the "elevens" and above the brows to lift them slightly. Now, I am greatly regretting my impetuousness in not just patiently waiting for surgery. To get the best result from surgery, how long do I have to wait after Botox to have a browlift? (I swear Botox seems to last at least 6 months for me).

Wait until Botox wears off before having browlift.

+2

Botox or dysport usually lasts 3-4 months but if yours lasts 6 months then you should wait until it wears off completely before getting your brow lift. Check with your doc to see what he wants.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Brow lft after botox

+1

You probably want to wait about 4-6 months for the botox to wear off before undergoing a brow lift procedure.

It really depends on how and where the BOTOX was injected

+1

It really depends on how and where the BOTOX was injected.  Ideally, the doctor should evaluate you with no BOTOX first.  We will commonly use BOTOX to relax the brow muscles before we perform a browlift surgery to enhance the effect.  There is nothing wrong with having BOTOX first, but the doctor has to know where your natural brow position is before doing the surgery.  

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Allow Botox to wear off before brow lift

+1

It is best to wait four to five months after your Botox injection to fully address the extent of the corrugator and frontalis muscles and wrinkles.  There are surgical adjustments that are made to the muscles and the wrinkles at the time of the surgery during a brow lift and this may be underdone if there is a Botox effect in place.

Wait for effect of Botox to completely wear off before a surgical brow lift

+1

Using Botox in the forehead and around the eyes can alter the shape of the eyebrows and prevents the muscles from contracting normally.  In order to receive a full and accurate surgical assessment, you should wait for the effect of the Botox to go away completely.  This will take at least 6 months, to be safe.

Joshua Zeichner, MD

Botox after brow lift

+1

I routinely inject Botox/dysport 1-2 weeks before any brow lifting procedure, but only to weaken the muscles that pull the brow down (such as the ones that cause 11 lines).  Too bad you also had the muscles that lift your brows injected.  Now you should wait until the full strength of those muscles return- if it is six months then so be it.  In my opinion the long term improvement is somewhat predicated on these muscles.

Yoash R. Enzer, MD, FACS
Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Wait until Botox effect has disappeared before brow lift.

+1

How long Botox lasts is an individual matter. If you have any residual Botox effect, it could affect the brow lift, since it would appear you would need less of a correction with the Botox still in. Wait six months to be sure.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Browlift after botox

+1

If your plastic surgeon requires you to wait for the botox to no longer be effective prior to performing a brow lift, then you should wait six months, only longer if you have not regained full function which can be seen in a mirror rather readily.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Surgery after Botox

+1

Based on your previous experience with botox, it would be best to delay the surgery about 6 months. Before making a final decision, wait about one week to be sure the injection was effective.

Browlift after Botox

+1

If you have already chosen your surgeon, you should consult with him or her. Otherwise, I would follow your own advice and history, and wait 6 months.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD