Is It Possible for Me to Restore my Nose Hump?

I had done a nose job when I was 17.I don't really like my new nose without hump and I really hope to restore it.It is possible for it to grow back naturally or through other surgrical methods?

Restoring hump after rhinoplasty

+1

Yes ,it  is possible to give back some convexity to your nose. Requires a revision rhinoplasty using cartilage , bone, alloplastic (artificial material) implant or even soft tissue. You might consider an injectable filler just to see how your "new" nose would look. The filler will eventually absorb. Seek a competent revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restoring nasal hump to bridge

+1

It is possible to replace tissue to your bridge to recreate a bump. Examining photos from before your prior surgery will help greatly in restoring a similar appearance. Preoperative digital morphing is also invaluable as well.

I wouldn't expect the bump to grow back on its own, though. In office filler can be injected to recreate the bump as well, but this isn't permanent and would have to be repeated periodically.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Restoring Nasal Hump after Surgery

+1

Cartilage or fascia can be added to your bridge to increase the fullness of your profile, but it is unlikely that the pre-rhinoplasty appearance can be duplicated. This technique is most often used when too much has been removed during the original surgery. Consult with an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Hump restoration

+1

It is very difficult to almost impossible to restore the original look of the nose once a rhinoplasty was performed. Often structures are trimmed and bones shaved and narrowed during the rhinoplasty.

Revision Rhinoplasty to restore "hump"

+1

Dear Fixingnose

Restoring some of the volume back to the bridge of the nose is possible with revision rhinoplasty.  

• You will want to consider the change in the aesthetics of your nose in relation to your face.
  •  This can be best accomplished by reviewing a plan with a rhinoplasty surgeon and possible viewing computer imaging or photographs. 

Remember that adding a "hump" back will also change how the nose looks in all 3D.. Meaning looking at your nose from the front.   Schedule a consult to discuss your options.

Best Wishes. 

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restoring the Bridge After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is possible to augment the bridge of the nose through several methods that can help restore an overly reduced nasal bridge. However, restoring a "bump" is more challenging as there are no aesthetic guides to know exactly how much you want replaced. The only real solution is to add additional cartilage in the area where the depression is - assuming this is the case - to help recreate a straight bridge. See an experienced nasal surgeon to get more information on your options. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD