I Had Revision Rhinoplasty 3 Months Ago, is This Swelling? (photo)

I had revision rhinoplasty 3 months ago as my left nostril had completely collapsed and had trouble breathing. My nose is now alot wider and longer but my surgeon says this is just swelling. I now have a bump that appeared after one month on right side of my bridge which is not going down with massaging.the shape of my nose has completely changed. I understand my nose would be slightly wider with grafts placed but i feel this is too wide. can you please advise if this is just swelling?

Early recovery after revision rhinoplasty

+1
After revision rhinoplasty, swelling can take longer than following primary rhinoplasty. It's difficult not to but you need to try not to jump to any early conclusions about the result. It sounds that you had spreader grafts placed to correct collapsed internal valves and these grafts will also give the middle third of the nose appear slightly wider. However, at 3 months following revision rhinoplasty you are still early and should still notice improvement in the appearance of your nose as swelling continues to resolve.

Recovery after rhinoplasty will vary based on the person, characteristics of the nasal tissues and what was done during surgery. It can take somewhere in and around 12-18 months to see the final results. For revision rhinoplasty, it can take longer for all of the swelling to subside. The areas with thicker skin in the nose such as the tip, alar rims and radix will require longer to settle. Also there appears to be a linear decrease in swelling for the first several months followed by a period where the swelling fluctuates (sometimes little or no swelling and other times more swelling) before the nose settles.

I Had Revision Rhinoplasty 3 Months Ago, is This Swelling?

+1

It could be swelling at 3 months after a Rhinoplasty.  From the photos, your nasal skin appears thick so you might consider asking your Rhinoplasty Surgeon about possible kenalog 10 injections to the supratip area as well as nasal massage to remove the residual swelling.  Hope this helps.

Swelling 3 Months after Rhinoplasty Revision with Grafts

+1

Swelling may persist for a longer time after revision rhinoplasty depending on the number of grafts, their size, and where they were placed. Hopefully, the middle 1/3rd of your nose will narrow. You're only 3 months post-op.

Swelling after grafts

+1

You swelling is likely post-op changes.  However dpeending upon what type of grafts were placed, mid vault collapse issues requiring spreader grafts may make the midvault look a bit wider.