Should I go for CO2 Fractional Laser treatment or excision of my facial moles? (photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Mole on face removal with possible laser resurfacing of the scars later
- Thanks for the question- when it comes to Fractionated laser treatments
- these work well for scars that are not the same height
- laser resurfacing is good for pigmented skin changes from aging and mild wrinkles
- it is not the best first treatment for moles that are raised
- Hopefully your treatment out of the country will go smoothly, consider that you may have complications and will need to find doctors for followup.
- Consider surgical excision and then leave laser resurfacing for later in the healing process
- Best Wishes
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Excision vs laser mole removal
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.