Food to Eat / Avoid Before Tummy Tuck

Which Food Items Should I Include in my Meals Three Weeks Before Tt/lipo? What to Avoid? I know I should avoid vitamin E, aspirin, and alcohol. Any specific foods I should eat and/or avoid? Should I use a body cleanse to get rid of toxins? Should I take any specific type of vitamins or supplemnts? THank you.

Preparing for your Tummy Tuck Surgery

+2

Two weeks prior to surgery, the following should be stopped/avoided:

• Aspirin, NSAIDS (like Ibuprofen, Aleve, Advil, etc....Tylenol is ok)
  • Vitamin E Capsules
  • Omega/Fish Oil Capsules
  • Alcohol

Many women today take phentermine to suppress their appetite, but that medication is best avoided for 4-6 weeks prior to any surgery.  As for supplements to take, a general multivitamin is a good idea, but don't start using new herbs or supplements before a big procedure.  Several days before surgery, go with lighter foods (soups, smoothies, salads, etc) and avoid the big heavy meat and potatoes fare....it will help you better avoid constipation post op!

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Food Before Tummy Tuck?

+1

Assuming you are on a  healthy, well-balanced diet there should be no reason to change your diet prior to surgery. Your plastic surgeon will have a list of foods, supplements, herbs, and medications to avoid prior to surgery.

Also, there is no specific “recommended diet” for the post-tummy tuck patient. A well-balanced diet with high fiber and a good protein source would obviously be helpful. Adding a protein shake ( to each meal) if necessary may also be helpful especially if your appetite is curtailed ( which often happens during this period). Frequent hydration is also important.

Tummy Tuck

+1

Avoid herbs, advil, and aspirin like drugs.  Avoid fast food, saturated fats, hydrogenated fats, the body cleanse is overrated.  A good diet allows you to be clean all the time.  A centrum is all you need for vitamin supplementation.  Too much vitamin supplementation will only create expensive urine.  Take the vitamins with a meal.  They work with food.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon