What Are Non Surgical Alternatives To A Brow Lift?

I got some great answers, thanks to all of the doctors that responded!I did some research and do not think I am ready to go through with a brow lift. I do feel I am a little young and should try other options first. The problem is that I had tried botox about a year ago and didn't get very noticeable results. Could this be that the doctor just didn't do a great job? I would be willing to try botox again, if I know that I have a good chance of lifting the lateral brow portions.

Previous Question

Non-surgical brow lift

+2

While surgery will give you the most dramatic results, a combination of Botox and Juvederm can help give the brow a nice lift.  The Botox can help relax the muscles pulling the brow down and the Juvederm can help pull the brow up into position.  However, without seeing you in person or evaluating before and after pictures, it is impossible to give you specific advice.

Good Luck.

Brow Lift Options

+2

If you try Botox again and still are not happy with the results, you might consider a "Brow-Pexy". This is a much less invasive procedure than the "Brow-Lift" and younger women are  better candidates. The "brow-pexy" only lifts the "tail of the brow".

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Many Options For Non Surgical Brow Lift

+2

The eyebrow falls :

1. Pulling of muscles that squeeze the brow down
  2. Loss of  volume -  changes in the structure of the brow bones and loss of fat which hold up the brow
  3. Laxity or looseness of the skin

Each of these can be addressed by

1. Botox, Dysport or Xeomin can relax the muscles that pull the brow down; allowing the muscles that elevate the brow to lift
  2. Fillers; either your own natural fat or Radiesse, Sculptra, Restylane can raise the brow and recreate the lost volume
  3. The skin can be tightened above the brow using Thermage, Mixto or similar procedure

A complete evaluation would be necessary to see which of these modalities would best suit your needs.

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox can provide browlift

+2

I am surprised to hear that you had unsatisfactory results with getting a brow lift from Botox.  We routinely treat the glabella and crow's feet in combination to help wrinkles while providing a natural looking lift to the brows.  If Botox is used to treat the forehead, however, this browlift is often negated.  Through the use of Botox, I have found that I perform less brow lifting surgery and I might suggest trying Botox again.  I hope this helps.

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox brow lift

+2

Botox can definitely raise the brow!  

I think if you specifically ask for the chemical brow lift, your doctor should be able to treat the proper area and elevate the brow.

Dr. Cobey Steiger is the your area and definitely would be able to evaluate you for the Botox brow lift.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Alternatives To A Brow Lift

+1

Nonsurgical brow lift options include botox, dermal fillers, and newer modalities such as thermage (if you only need slight tightening).  To determine which treatment option or combination is best for you, it would be best to have an in person consult with 2 - 3 board certified plastic surgeons.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Non-surgical brow lift

+1

A suggested by others, both botulinum toxins and injectable fillers, if used appropriately can help lift the brows

Sam Naficy, MD

Non-surgical alternatives to a brow lift

+1

There are a number of these treatments.  They fall into a couple of main groups:

1. Botox and similar products - to relax the brow depressor muscles, allowing the brow to rise,

2.  fillers (restylane, Juvenderm, etc.), fat grafting and Sculptra - to add volume to deflated areas of the brow & temple area,

3.  non-surgical skin tightening to the forehead - thermage & other RF devices, Ulthera, CO2 laser (traditional or fractional), etc.

They all have some trade-offs involved.  See your local PS for a consultation about whether any are right for you.

All the best!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Non-surgical alternatives to Brow Lift

+1

Hi there-

I think that young women are best served by a combination of Botox/Dysport and a filler. This combo gives a nice, conservative, and natural elevation of the lateral brow for a pleasing arch without surgery.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Non Surgical Brow Lift

+1

There is no risk in trying Botox injections again. In my hands Botox will provide minimal elevation in most patients. Depending on the contour of your brow/eyelid complex, fillers may elevate the brows by increasing the convexity of the area.