Fluocinonide 0.05% Solution and a Surgery Coming Up?

I'm going to have a plastic surgery soon, within a 3 weeks. I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed me Fluocinonide 0.05% Solution for some discoloration spot on my legs. I read online that this solution makes it difficult for my body to respond to physical stress. This medication is a strong corticosteroid, and I'll be taking it for 4 weeks. Is it OK to apply it while I'm taking the after surgery antibiotics? Thanks,

Speak to your Dermatologist

+2

Lim,

Topically applied fluocinonide can be absorbed systemically and affect your body's hormonal balance.  If you are planning surgery, you should probably postpone the "leg spot" treatment.  Speak to the prescribing Dermatologist and tell him/her that you are having surgery.  Good luck!