I Am 5 Weeks Post Lipo and I Looked Less Swollen at 4 Weeks and Look Horrible at 5 Weeks. Confused?

I am highly concerned that additional surgery is necessary. I am confused. I am now five weeks post op traditional Lipo. I had little belly fat on lower ab area that I couldnt burn off at the gym. I am now much bigger than the day I went in. I am listing a four week postop pic and a pic as of today. I am wrapped, take anti inflammatories, and eating clean. I now have loose skin that I didnt have before. Please tell me what my future holds on this. Thank you for your time.

Five weeks is much too early to make a pronouncement about the results of liposuction.

+1

The convalescence after liposuction can have good weeks in bed weeks. Five weeks into the healing process is just the beginning. Even without photographs I can assure you that is too early to worry about the final outcome.

Swelling after lipo

+1

Swelling can increase as activity increases after liposuction.  However, in your case, it sounds like the swelling is extreme given your initial body shape. It is imperative to be in close communication with your surgeon. Consideration to an ultrasound should be given, to look for a discrete fluid collection like a seroma or hematoma. Best. Dr. C

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Confused?

+1

Without photos (and there are none posted at this time) it is hard to comment. Swelling is somewhat unpredictable. Most patients by 4 weeks are at least down to their before surgery size. One possibility is a fluid collection (seroma) which would need to be addressed by our surgeon. And keep up as you are doing.