Can I fix my uneven cleavage? (photo)

I am 8 mos post-op w L breast cleavage higher vs R. I feel it is very noticable in bathing suits and any tops that show cleavage.Also when I lay on my back L breast sits higher where as R breast pulls slightly down toward my side.Would decreasing L side by 50cc help?No capsular contracture present.I would appreciate any thoughts on the topic.Thanks.

A minor revision can lower your high breast implant but there are risks.

+1

Thank you for your photographs and question. From your photographs you appear to have an excellent result following breast augmentation.

However I do see the asymmetry that is visible from above and a bathing suit.

If this is so frustrating that you would consider revision surgery then revision is likely possible. The implant can be dropped to a lower position but maythen not have the excellent symmetry that you have in your inframammary crease and the lower portion of your implants. Furthermore revision may also increase her chance of developing a capsular contraction.

If you can tolerate the asymmetry from above I think you'll be better off.

Post op asymmetry

+1
I think that from what I see that you have a very good result. You start with some asymmetry that continues.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Your asymmetry was present before surgery as it is in everyone. The implants can magnify it a bit and that is what happened. You have nice results with some volume asymmetry. Perfection is also the enemy of good, and going back to "do more or try to make better' may make it worse.

Cleavage asymmetry

+1

You have some pre operative asymmetry of the breast... this includes your sternum and rib cage, which are different from side to side. Your result is quite good. I would not recommend any surgical intervention to you. I think you'll set yourself up for real problems by trying to guild a lilly. Best of luck.

Terrence Higgins, MD

Post op asymmetry

+1

I would be very careful! You have a very nice result. Are you willing to risk your result to correct the asymmetry? We all have asymmetry before surgery and we will all have it after surgery.I'm not sure a 50 cc change will help, it looks to me that if the left pocket was made slightly wider the left implant would not be as high. However capsular contracture can also do this and it may not be unreasonable to try a course of accolate.

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Breast symmetry and improving cleavage - Los Angeles

+1

Preoperative asymmetry may often manifest in postoperative asymmetry. Some minor procedures can be performed to improve symmetry in your case.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Symmetric breast cleavage

+1

Yes, your situation can be improved, but keep in mind, perfection is an elusive goal, and subjective.

Steve Laverson, MD