Fit Strong Girls: Implants Under or over Muscle?

I am very fit and active and have very little fat on my upper body, and pretty strong chest and shoulder muscles. I am looking to have implants quite soon. I've had two separate consultations so far, one recommended under the muscle definitely, and the other said definitely over the muscle. I am going to have a few more consultations but thought I'd ask on here for advise. I am currently 34a looking to become 34c, don't know if that matters. Thank you

Under the muscle for more natural look

+1
Under would be preferable for a more natural look, but over could be considered if you need to show off your muscles, as would be the case for body builders. However, I've performed many procedures on fitness models and athletes, and they've had great results with sub muscular implants.

+1

The advantages of under the muscle implants include easier mammograms, potential for less capsular contracture, and more filling of the superior pole. Disadvantages are pectoralis pull (denting or deformation of the breast). Over the muscle implants will have no pectoralis pull. Your PS can help you decide the pros/cons of each position and what is right for you.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants over or under the muscle

+1

Breast Implants under the muscle would be less visible at the upper portion of the breasts.  It is one of the considerations in the patients with very little breast tissue.  However, it would mean releasing the muscle at its lower attachment.  It is an issue for the body builders and some would accept implant visibility in order to preserve the muscle. You would have to think about your preferences and discuss it with your Plastic Surgeon.

Alexander Golger, MD