Boob Lifts, Augmentations, Recovery Time, and Scarring? (photo)

I am wanting a lift and gummy bear boob insert with minimal scarring, as well as nipple and areolar reduction. How long is recovery if I am on other medications will the drugs interfere with these such as cymbalta and Wellbutrin?

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift hides incision around areolas

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, implants can be placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.  Your current medications should not interfere with performing this operation.  Recovery time is several days and scars are hidden around the areolas.     

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Full recovery from a mastopexy with implants takes about six weeks.

+1

A mastopexy with breast implants will allow for a more youthful appearance as well as resizing of the areola. The scars of remodeled which may take a number of months they should be nearly

Recovery time for breast lift/augmentation

+1

Based on your pictures, I would think that you would be a good candidate for a vertical (aka, "lollipop") breast lift procedure.  This would give you a perkier look to your breasts and could be done with or without the addition of breast implants.  Implants will only add volume to your breasts.  If you want to go to a larger cup size then the addition of implants would be a good idea.  If you are happy with your current cup size then I would suggest the lift without the addition of implants.  Your examining doctor should go over the risks and benefits of each option.  As for recovery time and scarring, I generally tell my patients that they can resume normal activities as soon as they feel up to it but avoid strenuous activities for three weeks following surgery.  Every doctor has his/her own protocol for resuming activities.  A "lollipop" breast lift will give you a scar that goes around your areola and down to the fold under your breasts.  Your doctor should be able to show you before/after pictures of what this scar looks like.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Lollipop lift and breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  The combination of a breast augmentation and breast lift will provide the best result for you.  You will be served best by a circum-vertical breast lift (lolli pop breast lift).  Either a round silicone or a shaped silicone implant will work for you.  I would recommend deciding on the size of the implant as the most important factor.  Recovery will vary depending on whether the implant is placed under or on top of the muscle as well as the size of the implant.  One to two weeks of recovery is a reasonable estimate to be able to work comfortably if you have an office type job as well as driving and doing daily activities.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast aug and lift question

+1

Hi sweet carolinerebecca, 

Thanks for the pics and the questions. You are a good candidate for both procedures based on the photos. Frankly, you have enough breast tissue to have the standard round implant. the tear drops are a good choice also, but are more expensive and there is a risk of rotation. 

a vertical breast lift would be beneficial to you to help lift the loose skin and reposition the nipple. most lifts will also reduce the diameter of the areolae as well. 

the process takes about 2-3 hours to complete. You need to factor about 1-2 weeks off of work. 

Try to be as healthy as possible before surgery: eat well, multivitamins.  Avoid aspirin, motrin, and SMOKING ( if you smoke) The meds you are taking are not typically a concern from anesthesia. I do recommend stopping birth control before surgery due to risks of blood clots in the legs. 

It takes about a month before you can resume light cardio exercise. 

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Boob Lifts, Augmentations, Recovery Time, and Scarring?

+1

Most likely (based only on these photos) a vertical, or "lollipop" lift will be recommended along with implants. Your consulting plastic surgeon can review the pros and cons of the types of lift, and of the implant choices/. As with everything, there are advantages and disadvantages of the gummy bear implants. 

Your meds should not be interfered with by the meds used by the anesthetist an surgeon. 

Breast augmentation and lift recovery

+1

Your plastic surgeon will review your past medical history and your medications to review your candidacy for elective surgery.  In terms of recovery, I generally recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for about 4 weeks.   Most of my patients are comfortable to go back to a desk job in a few days after surgery. But if your work requires heavy lifting, you must take more time off.   You need to give time for your incisions and breasts to heal after surgery.  Please talk to your PS about his/her specific recommendations.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1

Breast surgery will require at least 7-10 days out of work . Your incisions are quite healed by 4 weeks . By six weeks you will have a fairly strong scar , clean and closed completely. Final  results by 12-14 weeks .  Scar color will get better month after month.

Ask your primary doctor about your current meds and surgery . There shouldn't be any mayor problems if you have to keep taking them during the surgery time .

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD