Board-Certified Breast Augmentation for $3,000?

Im Trying to Find a Board Certified Surgeon with Good Reviews to Do a Breast Augmentation for $3000 or a Little More or Less. I have found one or two that I had in mind, but one has no before and after photos, and the other, well, I dont like his before and after photos. So im afraid I would end up not liking my results either.

Breast Agumentation

+3

A reputable board certified plastic surgeon is a busy surgeon. I would advise extreme caution when a surgeon offers a "deal" or offers surgery far below the average fees typical for your area. This is not purchasing something that can be returned. this is your body and your self image. You deserve the best! If you are not financially able to have surgery at the going rate, wait and save up. I will be worth it in the end when you have beautiful results and no complications.  

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

$3000 Breast Augmentation and Implications.

+2

You get what you pay for very often.  $3000 is an extremely low price.  Possibly a breast augmentation above the muscle, under local anesthesia,  with saline implants, and with an inframammary incision could be done at this price but is the Operating Room a quality certified facility.  Does the surgeon have privileges to also do a breast augmentation in a major local hospital? Is the surgeon Certified by the AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY.  Remember the words Board Certified mean very little.  Board Certified in what and by who?  Is the cerification recognized by the  Amercian Board of Medical Specialists?  Be cautions of very low prices.  To do surgery safely and properly cutting corners can be concerning.  Talk to more surgeons. Talk to three patients of any doctor you choose.  But remember the doctor is giving you those names so be cautious there also.   Good Luck.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

If Cost too Low you may compromise results for Breast Augmentation

+1
The average fee range is from $6000 - $9000 in Orange County for a Breast Augmentation from an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, more in Beverly Hills and NYC. It will be quite difficult to find a qualified board certified plastic surgeon for that low cost.

Many factors determine the cost of this procedure such as who is doing the surgery - an experienced board certified plastic surgeon or a GP, ENT, Gen Surgeon, Dermatologist, or OB/Gyn physician. "Just because you wear a white coat -it doesn't mean you are a plastic surgeon"
Will your anesthesia be provided by a board-certified MD anesthesiologist in a fully accredited outpatient surgical facility or by a nurse anesthetist in an office facility. Are the implants saline or silicone?
The number of advertisements with very low figures often involved non-plastic surgeons doing these procedures. Beware and check out their credentials and make sure they are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Cost

+1

When looking at different breast augmentation prices there are many factors as to why you see different prices. Most doctors that charge more would like you to think it is because they are better trained or give you a better result. This is not the case. typically there are many factors that contribute to what a doctors charges

1)does the doctor have their own surgery center pr have to use a hospital. If they have to use the hospital this can add several thousand dollars to the cost which is passed on to the patient. The doctors that have to use a hospital will try to tell you its safer but the reality is this has never been shown scientifically and all Board certified plastic surgeons are required to operate in certified surgery centers. So those with their own centers have facilities with the same set of standards as the hospital and at times are certified by the same agency. So most Surgeons with their own surgery center pass the discount on to their patient.

2)Time in the Operating room. The less experienced, indecisive a surgeon or the fewer cases a plastic surgeon does per year the longer they will take in the operating room to perform the procedure. Thus the more they are charged by the hospital or anesthesia staff. The more specialized the plastic surgeon is with breast augmentation the more efficient he is with the procedure so the less time it take and the less it will cost. Not to mention the more they do the less they pay for the same implants. Again most surgeons should pass this savings on to the patient.

3)Experience.. the more experienced sometimes the more the Doctor feels they can demand for their services. What you should look for, is to make sure they are a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They should also be a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery as well as a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (which is the most prestigious cosmetic society a plastic surgeon who performs cosmetic breast augmentation can belong to).

4) Lastly sometimes geography comes into play when in certain regions of the country the cost for staffing and facility are much higher than in others.

I perform over 1000 breast augmentations per year. And I am a member of the above societies as well as a member of the lead surgeons. We have our own surgery center and charge what we feel to be an honest cost of only 3000$ for saline and 4000$ for silicone breast augmentation and this includes all cost..

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Aug for $3K, but wait there's more...

+1

Do you get a Ginsu Knife set with that?

Let me be brutally honest with you.  We are doctors first and foremost.  We have the highest honor and responsibility- taking care of our patients, and we cherish this.  Unfortunately, medicine is a business too.  There are costs involved in running a practice.  Not only electricity, payroll, insurance, etc., but the implants cost money, the operating room costs money, the sutures etc. costs money, the anesthesia costs money, and each and every visit costs money.  At the price your are quoting, it seems impossible to keep doors open.

I believe that when buying tires of a certain brand that if I can get them cheaper at another store, great, go for it.  I also believe that when it comes to my body, I won't go cheap.  I demand quality. 

I practice in North Texas.  Speaking of implants, unfortunately, there are at least 3 unqualified surgeons in Oklahoma calling themselves "cosmetic surgeons" who do cheapo BAMs for about the same price or maybe $3500.00.  I know this because I have the sad experience of caring for about one very disfigured woman per month who regrets her decision to go cheap.  In retrospect, it was the most costly decision they ever make- in every way measurable.

I would urge you that if you don't have the money to do this the quality way with a top notch Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery), either don't do it, or save up until you can do it, or if you must, get financing.  If you don't head my advice, I hope you get much better luck than the unfortunate victims/patients I treat from OK.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Low priced breast augmentation

+1
For $3000, I would wonder whether the implants were from Mcghan or Mentor or were bought off shore. Anesthesia and implants are fixed costs which are not negotiable, unfortunately and I think you would be hard pressed to find a board certified plastic surgeon at that fee. You should do your homework and make sure that your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Safety and the training to know what is safe are worth paying for in the end.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Low cost breast augmentation

+1

the total fee of $3000 is quite low, even in these economic times. There are set hard costs like the operating room, the anesthesia doctor and the cost of the implants that cannot be altered. When you see someone undercutting all others in town by a large amount, I think you need to consider where that physician is cutting costs  in order to offer that price and do you really want the lowest bidder. A breast augmentation is not a commodity that is universally equal, skills are involved that differentiate one surgeon from another.

Julio Garcia, MD

Bargain Priced Breast Augmentation

+1

The phrase "You get what you pay for" comes to mind. Remember, any cost savings on the first surgery go out the window if you need a revision surgery. Although we are in tough economic times, this is not like buying a material object like a car or sofa... this is your body and the investment both financially and medically is a serious one. Selecting a surgeon should not just come down to price. You need to feel comfortable with the surgeon.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Breast augmentation

+1

For $3000 it will be difficult to find a surgeon that can accomodate you.  In NYC that would be almost impossible. Maybe in the resident clinic, but even then I think it would cost more.

+1

I admire your desrie to get a deal but that is not wise when it comes to your body and long time surgical results.