A Year and Half Post Breast Augmentation - One Scar is Still Very Painful

My left breast gets very sore with any kind of bra. No wire at all, but it feels like a skin irritation where the scar is. Right is perfect?

Continual scar irritation.

+1

At this point in your recovery, it is uncommon to have persistent scar pain. Something is likely irritation the scar either internally or externally. I recommend a visit to your plastic surgeon to evaluate the scar. The treatment can range from injections to a total scar revision.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

A painful scar that late after surgery is not normal.

+1

The scar should not be that tender 18 months after surgery.  I would suggest that you discuss this with your surgeon.  A steroid injection or scar revision may be indicated.

Kevin F. Hagan, MD

Painful scar after breast augmentation may need minor revision.

+1

The discomfort that you are describing can be related to a scar that has not healed ideally. That is, it may be red, thickened and elevated at least slightly. If this fairly well describes the scar on your left breast, then it often can be easily treated by cutting it our and reclosing it simply using local anesthesia.

Rarely, a small amount of steroid medicine injected into the area can be helpful.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Pain in Scar

+1

If you are having any post surgical issues such as pain, it is important that you follow up closely with your plastic surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Painful breast scar 1 year after surgery

+1

I recommend consulting with your Plastic Surgeon and getting an exam and evaluation.  The scar may be helped with a scar revision but without an evaluation, it is difficult to say for sure what is going on.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Scar sensitivity

+1

If the scar is causing you problems you may wan to see someone regarding scar care or possibly revision.

+1

You need an evaluation by a PS. The scar could be entrapping a nerve Regards from MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Scar pain after breast augmentation

+1

Ask your surgeon to evaluate you. Some times a painful scar can be improved with a simple in office revision.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

+1

A Year and Half Post Breast Augmentation - One Scar is Still Very Painful. This is very unusual. You may want to attempt a course of scar desensitization. It could be a neuroma that requres surgery.