Fillers Vs Thread Lift

I'm in my 30's. I would like the nasolabial folds and mouth corners lifted as they are drooping.. (FYI, I've lost 20 pounds in 2 months). Do you think fillers can fix my problem? or I need a thread lift?

Fillers Vs Thread Lift

+1

Fillers will improve, not the threading! Be very careful. Remember fillers last from a few months to a year depending on which type you use. And you will need at least 2 to 3 syringes. 

Fillers vs. lift surgery

+1

The photo you posted shows fairly deep nasolabial folds, early marionette lines down from the corners of the mouth and early jowling. The best option for the nasolabial folds is a filler. You need to decide which filler after consulting with the doctor you choose to do the procedure. The jowling is a bit too early in the process to warrant a major operation in my opinion though some surgeons would want to do it. You could try some of the non-invasive skin tightening procedures. I would recommend against doing a threadlift which is the placement of barbed sutures to lift the facial soft tissues. These initially looked good but then the barbs would split along the length of the suture and the suture would break on the upper part. The lower ends would then migrate under the skin like a snake and then pop through the skin in areas far from where they were initially placed. That is why the FDA took those threads off the market.

Some surgeons would recommend placing a filler in the concave area of the jowl. I personally do not think that gives patients a more youthful natural look so I do not do that.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD