leg thread lift?

Hi: I am going to have a liposuction for my legs in February. But i am conserned that the knee part will not improve very much. My doctor said its not a good idea to lipo the knee. But uynfortunantly this is one of the parts i really want to improve. So i can use a nice skirt. Also im concerned about the loose skin.. can thread lift for the legs work? Any recomendation of where to see pictures of this odd procedure? I havent been able to fin any. Thank you

Threads thighs

+1

I have done thread lifts around knees and thighs and unfortunately the results are not good enough.  If there is an excess of skin, the only way to improve it is by removing skin.  This can be done in the groin area or the inner thigh, depending on your exam.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Thread Lift for the Knees?

+1

No, I would not recommend a thread lift for the knees.  If you have loose skin you need to have the skin excised.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction will help the knees, threadlift won't.

+1

Judging from your photos, the area of concern on your knees is relatively small and liposuction alone should do  well in improving the contour.  Liposuction will not lift the skin but will decrease the fullness in the area.  I have never heard of threadlifts for the legs, have never heard it mentioned in a plastic surgery meeting and never seen an article about it published in any plastic surgery journal.  If it truly was effective, then it would be widely known.  The fact that it is so unknown makes it something to be avoided.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Do not try thread lifts for the knees

+1

Thread lifts may have negative results in the knees. Some of the threads may extrude because of the thin skin and the signficiant mobility of the tissues over the bony prominences when you bend the leg. There might be a greater risk of infection in the knee area and if it happens then the threads would have to be removed.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Thread lifts - simply won't work

+1

Thread lifting is a great idea in principle. Ofcourse it would be great to have loose skin managed in this relatively non-invasive way. Unfortunately it simply won't work.....

Michael Weinberg, MD

Leg thread lift?

+1

Nice dream! But the earthly reality is NO! Threading barely works anywhere, so above your knees it will be especially unsuccessful. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Leg thread lift is a terrible idea; (medial) knee lipo works great, but not over the knee itself!

+1

From your photo, you are pinching the loose skin just above your knee. Liposuction improves localized excess fatty tissue, not loose skin. Whatever fat is there could be partially removed, but this will EMPTY the skin, which usually makes things looser, not tighter! Even with ultrasonic or laser-assisted (Slim-Lipo, etc.) the degree of skin "tightening" is dependent more on your own elasticity than any true collagen shortening response.  From the mid-thigh up (sometimes a bit lower towards the knee) nice improvements can be achieved in the anterior, medial, and lateral thigh, and if there is a bulge of fatty tissue in the medial (inner) knee region, sculpting this area can make the entire leg look slimmer. On top of the knee or just above it, the skin has to have a certain degree of "looseness" so your knee can bend!

Others have made accurate comments about "thread lifting." It doesn't work for the face, and it won't work for your legs either . Just because someone is selling snake oil doesn't mean it works. Make sure you are seeing an experienced plastic surgeon, and if you are, follow his advice!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Thread lift for the legs? Bad idea.

+1

Threadlifts don't work in other body areas, so there's no reason to think they'll work in the leg.  And I don't know of anyone who would do that procedure anyway.

Your legs look small, with just small problem areas.  I would think you'd be fine with liposuction.  If you have just a bit of cellulite or want some additional toning, you might consider VelaShape.  VelaShape is an RF treatment, and it does work, but you must commit to the series of treatments, the necessary maintenance treatments, and have realistic expectations (you won't have tight skin, just improved texture and tone).

Carmen Kavali, MD

Thread lift for legs

+1

I have never heard of a thread lift for th legs.  It sounds interesting but like the facelift techniques it would probably not last.

Thread Lift for the Leg

+1

This is a bad idea and a waste of your money.  Small amounts of liposuction to the inner knee works reasonably well to improve the contour.  But you should not expect perfection with this or any procedure to that area.

Gary D. Breslow, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon