Would a Filler Work for my Asymmetrical Face? (photo)

So I know that everyone is asymmetrical in some way, others less then others. But mine really bothers me physically and mentally.. The right side of MY face is less prominent and supported then the left (chin&temple). So i want to get some fillers in that area likely a fat transfer, but I'm not sure if that would help because I had lip fat transfer on upper lip only and was not successful because most of the fat cells absorbed.

Fillers for Asymmetry

+2

Facial asymmetry is very common. Almost all people have this, some more than others. When it is noticeable, and distracting to one's appearance, there are many possible solutions. The easiest solution is to use a temporary fillers such as Perlane, Juvederm, or Sculptra to augment one area to produce better symmetry. This gives the patient a safe and effective way to see if they like the changes. If the result is good, we can then consider more permanent methods such as fat injections or custom facial implants.

The photo you posted does not really demonstrate what you see, so this answer is more general.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face asymmetry

+2

Fillers or fat injections can be very helpful to improve  contour asymmetry.  Its just rally a matter of personal preference.

Facial Fillers for Asymmetry

+2

Hi Sunshine.  It is a bit difficult to tell with the photo, where the asymmetry lies.  If you could take a photo from straight on the issue would be easier to assess.  

With that said, in most cases, we use fillers such as Restylane and Radiesse to correct the asymmetry.  The amount of product and the way it's placed would depend on what we see in the consultation.  Talk to a few providers about the product/technique they would suggest to get a better idea.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Sculptra

+2

it's hard to adequately assess the asymmetry in the picture you posted.  Fat transfer does have the down side that a lot of the fat can be resorbed.  An alternative would be to use a volumizer such as Sculptra.  This is a very nice way of correcting facial asymmetry with long-term benefits and reasonable cost.  Good luck in your search.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon