Is It Possible to Change Eye Shape with Injections? (photo)

I have naturally big almond eyes , but I'd love if the inner corner of my eyes was more open just like the model's eye in the attached photo, I was wondering if this is possible without surgery, thanks.

Botox for eye shape

+1

It is possible that glabellar Botox which is normally used to treat the "11" of the forehead between the eyebrows, can help lift that area of the forehead and open up the inner corner of the eyelid. You wouldn't want to lower the lower eyelid at the corner with Botox injected to relax the lower muscle as that can cause tears to roll over the lower eyelid and not bath the eye with tears, thereby drying out the cornea. Unfortunately, even if there were a good way to do this with Botox, it wouldn't mean that the results would be consistent each time and the risks of unwanted side effects are significant.

Changing eye shape with Botox

+1

Botox when injected by a trained medical professional, such as dermatologist, can help temporarily change the eyebrows appearance and "open up the eyes a bit", and the effects can last 3-4 months. 

Dr. Freiman, Toronto Dermatology Centre

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Changing eye shape "visual perception" is possible

+1

Most of what we see as "shape" has a lot to do with surrounding structures - whether it's the eye or another facial feature.

Brow position, whether or not there are under eye hollows that make the eye seem more deeply set, temple hollowness, lash length, the height of the nose bridge - it's the play of light and shadow that determines how people see us and how we see ourselves....and our individual features.

A lot of simple cosmetic injectable techniques take care of shadows and brow position, brow bone prominence, facial convexity flow...sometimes a small tweak makes a huge change.

But if your facial feature set is all in proportion and all you want is the illusion of a more open inner eye, this can probably be achieved with some changes in makeup application. Most models look very different once their professional makeup is removed!

Have some fun at the makeup counters and first see if you can create the illusion instead of attempting a physical change. Or work with a professional makeup artist. Highlighter and concealers these days are remarkably effective at altering perception.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Changing eye shape

+1

I don't think it is possible to actually change your eye shape without surgery, but you can make temporary changes to the appearance of the eye and open it up a little more with Botox.  You should discuss these issues with a really good board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon or both.  Good luck. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Is It Possible to Change Eye Shape with Injections?

+1

Doubtful or very unlikely but thanks for the question and posting a models photo. Oh yes where is a photo of yourself so we can advise better?? 

Changing the shape of the eye with Botox

+1

It is possible to change the shape of the eye with Botox, but there are risks involved.  Some physicians specialize in this procedure, so, call around and ask before you make an appointment.  

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changing Eye Shape with Injections

+1

Without your own photos, this is really hard to answer. It is very, very difficult to change eye shape with fillers or with Botox. You can arch the eyebrow somewhat with Botox if you have the injections done by someone with great experience doing this, but to actually change the shape of the eye itself, no, fillers or Botox are not a great option for this. You would need to see a ocular specialist to go over surgical options.

P.S. After my initial post, I appreciate the posting of your photos, however, my answer remains the same - you will need to see an ocular surgeon.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Gee the model is beautiful.

+1

It would be immensely helpful to have your photograph as well.  Generally no injections are not going to get this done.  Without at least a photograph it is very difficult to even comment on what you might need.  Ptosis surgery can lift the upper eyelid and open the eye area vertically.  Lateral canthal surgery can alter the width of the eye opening.