Fever After Nose Surgery

12 days after my nose surgery i started getting really bad chills & a fever,now i'm beginning to have some body aches, & some coughing. My highest fever was today (4:30 am), at 102.7. I've been really cold & sweaty on & off all night. My doctor didn't give me antibiotics after the surgery, only during the surgery through an iv.I haven't really left the house so i'm not sure how i got this sick? I just started taking zithromax, but could it be that i have an infection from the sugery?

Fever after nose surgery

+2

If you currently have a fever, seeing your surgeon to make certain you don't have an infection in your nose is a good idea. Although your fever might be unrelated to surgery and/or unrelated to your nose, fevers after surgery can have many causes, and seeing your doctor is the first step to a safe and uneventful recovery. 

If you were not prescribed the Zithromax for this specific fever (and a bacterial infection), I do not recommend that you take the antibiotics on your own. All medications have side effects, and antibiotics may cause resistance problems if you do indeed have an infection in your nose. 

Best wishes!

Pasadena Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fever After Nose Surgery

+1

You need immediate in person attention. Either from your surgeon or go to urgent care or ER or primary doc. Just be proactive and safe. It is better to check this out before it becomes serious. From MIAMI 

Fever after Rhinoplasty

+1
A fever after any surgery can be a serious concern that should be evaluated by a doctor, especially one above 102. Fever can be due to a variety of causes including infection and not taking deep breaths while being relatively immobile. Your doctor can best determine what tests or antibiotics may be appropriate in your case.

Kristin Egan, MD
Manhattan Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon