Will my High Bridge Reduce over Time?

My open Rhinoplasty operation took place 16 days ago in NY by a Top Surgeon. I love his work, however, at the moment, I think my bridge seems a little too high. I once had a flat nose, however my bridge now starts from inbetween my eyes all the way down. I'm hoping the height of it will reduce. Is that swelling? Im not sure, what is swelling and what is'nt.

High bridge after rhinoplasty

+2

After a rhinoplasty many changes will occur over an extended period of time.  Sixteen days is way too early to really assess any of the final results.  Wait several months and you will see gradual changes in many aspects of your nasal surgery.  Patience is your friend.

Tal Raine MD FACS

High Bridge 16 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

16 days after rhinoplasty I guarantee that swelling is present; wait another 6 months before trying to evaluate your result. I hope you continue to love his work.

Rhinoplasty with the bridge still too high

+1

Some of the last swelling in rhinoplasty persists in the tip, and in the 'radix', the bridge up between the eyes. Certainly, when the splint is removed after a week we like to see things look better, however it is too early to tell if all has been set right. Unfortunately, you will have to wait it out for six months to see.

peterejohnsonmd

Nasal hump after rhinoplasty (nose job)

+1

A high bridge or dorsum is quite common in the first several weeks after rhinoplasty (nose surgery).  This is the location where the skin is thinnest and will contract quickly.  Typically, there is mild swelling in this area that should settle.  Time is the most important factor here.  If your bridge or dorsum is perfectly straight/flat or slooped after the cast comes off, it will probably drop down further than where you want it.  Give it some time.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

High Nasal Bridge After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Venus,

Best to discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  At 16 days post rhinoplasty, you still have a long way to go in your healing process.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

High bridge following rhinoplasty

+1

I advise my patients to wait at least 6 months and preferably a year before critical evaluation of the results. Swelling and shrinkage of the ti issues takes at least that long to reveal the final result.  I do not think it is possible to accurately predict the outcome earlier than this time frame.

Keith A. LaFerriere, MD
Springfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling Of The Bridge After Rhinoplasty Will Take Months To Go Down

+1

Regaredless of what was done during your rhinoplasty, 16 days after surgery is way too early to make any judgment about the final outcome. You can not really assess the bridge at this point due to swelling. It may well take you several months and even extending to a year after surgery until you can pass final judgment. The most important thing at this early point after a rhinoplasty, and it is hard to do, is to stop looking at it.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

High bridge after rhinoplasty

+1

At 16 days after a rhinoplasty, the bridge may look high because of swelling.  you will have to give it several months to see the final result..sometimes longer.

Will my High Bridge Reduce over Time?

+1

16 days post rhinoplasty ,the nose is still swollen.

Resolution of the nasal swelling takes  several weeks to months but pictures could have been helpful in predicting the soft tissues outcome.

Erel Laufer, MD

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

There is a significant amount of swelling the first few months after a rhinoplasty and some of it will last for up to one year.  I do not know what your surgeon specifically did but, to correct a "flat nose" a cartilage graft may have been placed in the area that may be a factor as a well.  However, you won't be able to tell that from the swelling right now. This early after surgery, you just have to be patient and trust your surgeon.  After the swelling has resolved, you can then judge if it is too high or not.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon