4 months post op rhinoplasty and i still have a bump? (Photo)

I had open rhinoplasty in Nov 2013 to remove a bump on my bridge and to shorten my tip. I'm aware there is still swelling, especially on my tip so am happy to wait one year as recommended to see my end results; however, after 3 months i noticed that i still have a bump on my bridge. It is smaller, however the fact is I paid a lot of money to have it taken out, so i expect it to be taken out fully! Please see attached images and tell me what you think, would i have to pay for revision surgery?

Residual Swelling after Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned especially with a residual bump after your surgery. Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and what you are experiencing is not uncommon.

It is important to keep in mind that it is early to pass a final judgment. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be, but longer with a thick skin. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendation at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling resolves, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Residual Bump After #Rhinoplasty

From the photos, it does appear that you have a residual bump on the nose. This can be either from too little removed or collapse of the cartilage below. It is too early to tell, and this will likely progress over the course of 1 year. It is possible that you could need another surgery to help correct this, but an in-person consultation would be needed with your physician to tell you more. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.

Vincent Marin, MD
MarinAesthetics.com

Vincent P. Marin, MD