Hard, uneven lumps & bumps high on bridge of nose & dorsum. Is this a normal and expected result of a rhinoplasty? (photos)

I had a closed rhinoplasty 3 years ago. Although I am happy for the most part, I do notice some unevenness of the profile of the nose. There are a few bony bumps and lumps high on the bridge of my nose. I also have a noticeable, large lump on the mid section of my nose.  I have moved across country, and am I nervous to have my nose looked at or operated. Should I leave this alone?

Hard, uneven lumps & bumps high on bridge of nose & dorsum. Is this a normal and expected result of a rhinoplasty?

+1
These areas can be reduced in closed fashion with minimal downtime and headache.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
This is not so uncommon.  Some irregularities can be perceived after rhinoplasty, and this can often be shaved down very delicately.

Nasal bump after rhinoplasty.

+1
If you see a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon you can have the bump filed down under local anesthesia. This should be like going to the dentist. 

Lumps on the nose after closed rhinoplasty

+1
The lumps on your nose can be due to residual bone or cartilage on the dorsum. It is not a normal result, but one that can be corrected. This can be repaired with careful and meticulous revision surgery. I would consider seeing a rhinoplasty surgeon in your area.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon