I Am Feeling Burning and Itching After TT on the Inside Were It is Numb, is This Normal?

I had my tummy tuck done march 10th and i have numness burning and itching all in the same place around the belly button erea.some swelling at night it swells more.Is this normal?

Itching and numbness after tummy tuck

+1

Your feeling of itching on the inside is pretty common after tummy tuck and is likely caused by the sensory nerves regenerating.  This should improve over time.  The residual swelling is also pretty common.  Make sure you follow your doctor's instructions.  Benadryl, Clairtin or Zyrtec - all over the counter antihistamines- may help with the itching.  Ask you doctor is he/she recommends an antihistamine.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Burning, Itching and Numbness following Tummy Tuck

+1

It is very common to have numbness, burning and itching sensations for the first few months after a tummy tuck. These sensations will gradually resolve over the next several months. Hydrocotizone cream applied to the scars along with gentle massage will help speed the process.  Benadryl, either topically or orally will also help with the itching sensation.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1
It is very common to have the sensation of itching during the post operative period. This usually resolves over the first month

David L. Abramson, MD

Paresthesia and Numbness after Tummy Tuck

+1

It is not unusual to have some temporary numbness after a tummy tuck.  It is also not unusual to have these sensations (itching, burning, etc.) which you describe as the nerves begin to function again.  It would be very unusual for either the numbness or these paresthesias to be permanent and should disappear with time.

John Whitt, MD

Pain after Tummy Tuck

+1

As the nerves to the skin begin to regenerate it is normal to feel strange sensations, such as; vibrations, burning, hot and cold sensations, and lightening shock type pain.  This will resolve over the next few months as the numbness improves.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Burning and itching 2 months after Tummy tuck.

+1

The nerves are slowly reconnecting and growing back. The numbness will diminish over time and the itching will get better. You have to be patient.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon