Remove Fat and Loose Skin Under Arms

I've had a Liposuction on my both armpit 6 years ago due to fatty/loose skin. I'm not sure if it's a breast tissue. My problem is it's back and left me a scar. I am so desperate on what kind of procedure I have to undergo. How much would the procedure cost?

Procedure to remove fatty and loose skin on under arms?

+6

Hello Fellow Tennessean,

This may well be breast tissue. Even if this was fat, removing of the fat with liposuction would result in a droopy, empty sock deformity which would be visible.

The most cosmetic approach with such cases in my opinion is direct surgical removal of fat (or breast tissue) with the overlying skin resulting in a much flatter appearance. Being along the side, the scar will be visible only when you raise your arm, standing sideways. A small compromise in my opinion.

Hope this helped.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Need direct removal

+5

This is most likely breast tissue. Although you state that it was removed 6 years ago but has since returned I suspect that surrounding fat tissue was removed that improved the condition but did not resolve the issue.

You would need a direct excision of this tissue. The incision could be performed in the armpit which would camouflage pretty well.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Excess fat and tissue in the armpit, sides of breasts

+4

After examining the picture, it seems that you have both excess skin, breast tissue and fatty tissue in that area and would be best served by direct excision (removal of skin and fatty tissue). It will give you a very reasonable scar and corrects the problem permanently.

Hope this was helpful

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Getting rid of loose or fatty skin on armpit

+4

Hello fellow Tennesean,

Depending on your weight, it could well be breast tissue extending to the armpit (axilla in medical speak). You may want to look up THE AXILLARY TAIL OF SPENCE. The breast may actually have a comet like tail extending to the base of the arm pit.

The solution in the vast majority of people is liposuction. It MAY however leave you with loose skin in that area. This reduandancy is seen in people who lost 100 plus pounds. In those cases, a semi circular "C" shaped skin looseness extends from the shoulder blade to the base of the (often hanging) breast. In those cases, the redundancy is surgicall excised. Although the area is now flat, the scar is a long scar from the breast to the side of the back.

I would suggest liposuction first with a judicious use of a pressure garment to promote skin adherence.

I hope this answered your question.

Arm pit fat and liposuction or arm lift

+3

You have laxity of a particular fascial layer that holds up your axillary tissue.  This can be corrected with surgery, but not an arm lift.  Schedule a consultation with a knowledgeable plastic surgeon.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Figure out if it is breast or fat

+3

This may actually be real breast tissue and can be called an axillary breast. You should monitor if it changes with your mestrual cycle. If it is breast tissue you, will need to have it excised. IF it is fat, you may be able to aspriate the fat.

Loose Skin Under Arms

+2

The optimal way to treat loose skin under the arms is not with liposuction alone. In most cases, one needs to perform liposuction along with some inner lower arm tightening using a hidden inner arm procedure if you have early aging of the inner lower arm i.e. extra skin. If you’re a massive weight loss patient, you may need to have a posterior arm incision which works well, but the downside is that you have a significant scar on the back of your arm.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Liposuction For Axillary Breast Tissue

+2

It is extremely common to have a fullness at the bottom of the arm pit that is really an extension of the tail of the breast.  This is particularly common in large breasted women and may increase with pregnancy or breast feeding.  Usually liposuction alone is insufficient to correct the bulge.  This approach has already failed for you.  You will need a direct removal of the extra breast tissue and skin to get a flat contour.  If the scar is placed low in the arm pit it hides well.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Axillary tissue/breasr tissue

+2

Based on your pictures I think you have excess breast tissue and overlying skin that should be treated with direct excision of the excess tissues. I think the liposuction onlyYou have answered 2 questions under arm lifting can your website in the music and to just things here once will leave you with loose skin that will likely require further surgery. The resulting scar can be hidden as much as possible in the axillary area. I would also suggest the use of the drain to avoid a accumulation of fluid postoperatively.