Fat Removal Around Jaw Line for Chubby Face?

I have an incredibly round and chubby face. I've had buccal fat taken out and I've had cheek implants. I still feel that whenever I smile my face just looks really round, big and it bothers me. Will removal of jaw fat give a more angular face? Can a surgeon remove fat there? If not would a chin implant better correct this issue? I'm not worried about looking "gaunt" and losing fat as I age because my mom and grandma has the same issue. I'm not overweight at all so losing weight is not an option.

Chubby face improvement

+2

It sounds like you may want to get second opinions for your face.   Go see a board - certified plastic surgeon.  Cheek implants will tend to look your face more "chubby" and unnatural.  Buccal fat removal has a limited role in modern facial aesthetics. 

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Removing fat around jaw line

+2

Fat removal for underneath the jaw line is certainly an acceptable procedure to perform. Young patients are able to get by with simple liposuction, but if there are fat deposits below and above the platysma muscle, a neck lift must be performed in order to redefine the jaw and neckline. It is important to make sure patients are height/weight proportional and not overweight. The neck lift operation is an excellent alternative for resculpting and contouring of the jaw neckline. It does not do anything for facial fat.  

Alternative facial treatments for chubby face after cheek implants & facial liposuction

+2

Hi 5549anon in houston,

Generally, having a round or full face is a sign of youth. However, the face may appear too chubby from excess  facial fat or inadequate bone structure. Generally, options include buccal fat reduction or cheek implants to augment the midface and enhance the cheeks. An alternative that might be considered is masseter muscle reduction with Botox Cosmetic. This treatment helps narrow the jawline, which may make the face appear less chubby. Liposuction of neck fat may also improve the jawline and overall facial balance. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

ROUND FACE

+1

Without examination it is impossible to answer your question.

Examination and estimating the amount of fat, muscles, and boney structure and computer imaging will help in deciding what type of treatment may satisfy your concerns.