How Soon After Sculptra Can I Have Fat Injections?

I have had a total of 3 vials of Sculptra injected 3 months ago, but the restored volume I obtained was minimal. I need 2 more vials of Sculptra to obtain sufficient volume correction, in addition to having an Hyaluronic Acid in the hollow areas under my eyes. I regret spending such a large sum of money for such a small gain. Cost-wise, a fat transfer makes more sense. Is it possible to obtain optimum results from a fat transfer following Sculptra, and if so, how long must I wait between the Sculptra injections and the fat transfer?

Sculptra and Subsequent Fat Injections

+1

Hi Camile,

Given that you have already had 3 sessions, and have one more for full correction with Sculptra, you should have your treatment and then wait for at least 6 months before having fat injections.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Dissatisfaction with Sculptra

+1

The results from Sculptra are dependent upon a variable response triggering collagenesis. This process can take several months and you should be patient. However, even if they are achieved, there remains the question of how long it will last. Fat injections can be administered in large volumes with immediate results and the potential for long term solution. In my opinion, 3-4 months is sufficient time to assess the results.

Wait 6 months before fat transfer

+1

Sculptra is an immune stimulator and you may still get further improvement from it.

If after six months you feel you need further improvement, you can go ahead and have fat transfer.  Fat transfer will give you a more immediate result. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Give more time for Sculptra to work before fat injections

+1

Sculptra is a seed. You are awaiting the body's response to develop collagen below the skin to lift the epidermis. This can take up to six months to develop. I have seen patients without a response suddenly develop lifting when seen at the six month followup after seeing not much improvement at three months. If you get fat injections, which are a graft, and not guaranteed to live, you might add too much volume so that if the Sculptra shows its effect you might be overcorrected after the fat injections.

Ronald Shelton, MD