Possible to Have Fat Grafting on Legs?

I have skinny leg and always wanted to have a little more, Can the add fat to my leg, instead of the Inplant? and if yes. I am in nY and I will like to know the prices!! thank you

Fat Grafting on Legs

+1
Fat transfer to the legs are possible. However, patient selection is key. Consult with 3 board certified plastic surgeons who are expert and experienced in fat transfer to understand your options.

The cost of fat transfer like other cosmetic surgery varies considerably across the country and even in the same area. South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We charge starting at $3000 + MD Anesthesia related costs for fat transfer for the legs. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work with personalized care at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Fat grafting is a great way to add volume to many areas of the body

+1

Fat grafting is a great way to add volume to many areas of the body.  You need to have some fat to donate.  I usually choose the abdomen and or flanks for the harvest of fat. 

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Fat graft

+1

The most common area for augmenting the leg is the calf. Fat grafting is probably your best option. It may require more than one procedure of fat graft to achieve the result you want and the symmetry.

See a Board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your options

Fat grafting to the calves

+1

Chances are that you want a significant volume to change the appearance of your calves.  The amount of fat needed may be too large for your calves as the fat may not get enough oxygen to survive. It might have to be performed over several sessions.  The risk of infection and lack of survival is greater in the leg because of less circulation in this region. See a board certified plastic surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fat Grafting to Legs

+1

Fat CAN be grafted almost anywhere but its likelihood to survive and thrive (IE take) varies from region to region. Assuming the quality of fat cells and amount is equivalent, the blood supply of the grafted area would determine fat graft take. As such placement in muscle would result in higher take than in subcutaneous tissues which would be higher than in areas devoid of a lot of vessels such as the back of the hand or foot (to hide the tendons). You really need expert Plastic surgery advice for which leg areas would best work for you.

Yes it is possible to have fat grafting to the legs.

+1

I am guessing that you are referring to the calf region since you mention having this instead of the implant. There are not too many other places in the legs that we place implants. Fat can be placed here with very nice results. Many times, the volume of fat that can be placed here will depend on your skin tone in this area. I have seen some women who's skin is so tight here that there just isn't much room for a large volume of fat. It is an option, but in many cases, implants are frequently a better option and also provide a very natural result.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Fat transfer, transplant, or injection for "chicken legs"

+1

It is possible to transfer fat to the legs but it is less than an ideal recipient site and more prone to complications such as fat necrosis (lumps & bumps) as well as infection because it tends to be less vascular and more prone to edema (swelling).

Fat Grafting to the Legs

+1

It just depends on the areas that you are trying to augment.  It is hard  to augment large volumes in the legs with just fat grafting alone.  This is something that you need to see a surgeon about to really get a good idea.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon