What is the Recovery Timeline for Fat Transfer for Cheek and Eye Hollows?

54 year old female, thin skin. Small frame and my face has hollowed. I have high check bones. Looking to do check and under eye hollow area. Will I look "bloated" in 10 days after the procedure? I'm looking for recovery time lines.

Fat transfer to the face

+2

Fat transfer to the face require expertise. You will swell up significantly for 10-14 days. Then the swelling will start to improve gradually. this process goes on for 3-6 month for the final result.

Give your self 4-6 weeks for complete recovery

Fat grafting for facial contouring #cosmeticsurgery

+1

Dear 6792anon in New Market

Thank you for your question!  Recovery from facial micro fat grafting can vary in time- generally by 10 days after surgery- you start to look very good.  Bruising can take up to 3 weeks to disappear in some cases.  You may be very swollen in the first 3 to 5 days- then things should start to settle very quickly.  There are very good supplements which can be taken before and after surgery to aid in the preparation and recovery from surgery- faster healing and return to normal. 

With Warm Regards

TMB

Trevor M. Born, MD

Rapid recovery for fat transfer

+1

If you consider in fact transferred to the face, the good news is that he recovery will be short.  The most common issues are bruising and swelling.  These usually resolve in about a week.  Fat transfer under the eyes and for cheek hollows aren't especially powerful treatment.  In a week you're able to wear makeup, and should be able to go on with her life normally.  Make sure he visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in order to get the details on your specific case.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

If fat transfer is done in several small sessions, the recovery is very rapid

+1

If fat transfer is done in several small sessions, instead of one large session, the recovery is very rapid, usually only a few days. After over 20 years of performing fat transplantation,in my opinion, this is the best approach, both in results and ease of recovery.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

1-2 weeks is the usual

+1

Typically patients will be quite swollen and bruised during the first week.  By the second week, the bruising and most of the swelling has subsided but there will be some residual swelling.  By the 3rd or 4th week most patients are back to normal.

Edgar Franklin Fincher, MD, PhD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Recovery Time From Fat Transfer to Cheek and Eye Hollows

+1

Hi,

You should expect to look quite swollen for at least one week after fat transfer to the face.  We usually advise patients that by two weeks the swelling and bruising should be mostly resolved, but swelling continues to get better over the following weeks.  You must discuss your concerns with the physician you choose to perform your procedure.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD