Facial Fat Grafting Gone Wrong? (photo)

I had a facial fat injected from my own body back in 2009 in Seoul, Korea. At that time my face was very round and deformed. Today, after 3 years I am very unhappy with the results. There are internal lumps in my cheeks, the corner of my lips look like a sad person and my face are complete different. I used to have a petite oval face shape, now I am not sure what it looks like. I look horrible in pictures, I am self-concious and I feel ugly. Please, I need help.

Fat transfer and bumps

+1

Dear AnaPaula,

It is far enough out that you may want to undergo a revision.  This is best done with an in-person consultation to evaluate your face and to feel the bumps.  Bumps can be avoided with careful handling of the fat and precise injections. Bumps can be treated with steroid injections as well to soften them up.  Placing fat a little higher in the cheeks can lift up the face a little bit and treat the sad look. 

Nima Shemirani

Fat transfer

+1

It looks that the fat was put too low in the face to begin with.

The lumps need in person examination, could be fat necrosis. Need in person evaluation to see what your needs and desires are and what procedure is best for you. May need more than one procedure.

Unhappy with fat grafting

+1

Thank you for your questions and photos. There is no substitute to direct examination. I do see some facial asymmetry and can understand your concerns. The treatment can be surgical with fat injection or non surgical using sculpture.