Why Fat Transfer Isn't Good for the Temple and Above the Brows Augmentation?

Hello dear doctors, I have depressions on the temples and above the brows. I already had fillers who did wonders but it's way too expensive because i need a lot of volume. I went to see 2 doctors and they disagreed to do fat transfert on these areas as it seems that the skin is too thin and i'd probably have some bumps and lumps. i've red some differents patients testimonies and they were overall happy. is there any technical skills to avoid bumps in these areas? thanks a lot for you help

Fat transfer for forehead contour is very effective

+3

In my experience, fat transfer for the correction of forehead contour and hollow temples is very effective. It's true that the skin in this area can be thinner and less forgiving if the fat is not injected evenly, but the success of any fat transfer is very much dependent upon technical factors. If a surgeon is not comfortable treating this area, it's never a good idea to pressure him to do it. I would suggest finding a surgeon who is experienced in treating this area and then formulate a surgical plan. I believe that the contour improvement from this technique will be very pleasing and long lasting.

Fat to Augment Temples and Above Eyebrows

+2

Fat is used frequently and successfully to augment the temples. The fat, which is injected deeply, will last longer than the temporary fillers.

Fat i the temples and brows

+2

I have done over 100 brows and many temple fat grating..The trick to avoid bumps is to use only the smallest particles of fat.Use a special extractor to get the parcels and inject them slightly thinner diluted with saline

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Fat transfer to upper face works well

+1

Where the skin is thin there is the potential for some lumpiness with fat transfer, but this can be minimized. One way is to use smaller amounts, another is to stage it in more than one sesison.

Richard Baxter, MD

Temple fat transfer

+1

Yes, the complications of fat transfer can be avoided with using smaller particles of fat.  You should visit a surgeon who is very comfortable and experienced with fat transfer surgery as it is the more cost effective and natural looking option for you.  Fat will last a very long time, but you may need a touch up procedure after 6-12 months.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD