Can I Have a Facelift with Botox in my Face ?

i had botox in may, a month ago, so can i have a facelift tomorrow for example ? surely the surgeon needs to see my sagging areas first before a facelift.

+1

This is done all the time and there's no reason that you couldn't have a Face Lift after having Botox injected.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Facelift after Botox.

+1

This should be no problem as the facelift is removing the excess skin you have and will not be affected by the Botox.

+1

A month after Botox injections is fine to go forward with facial plastic surgery.  We sometimes will incorporate facial fillers at the same time.

Botox and Facelifts

+1

There is no contraindications between Botox treatments and facelift surgery. Botox is a muscle/facial expression weakening agent while a facelift is about neck and jowl tissue lifting and tightening. I have done Botox injections right before, as part of a facelift, and immediately afterwards. One does not affect the other.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyfacelift.com

Facelift after Botox

+1

You generally do not have to wait for the botox to wear off prior to having a facelift. Ensure your surgeon knows of any and all treatments that you have had including botox and dermal fillers so he/she can plan the surgery appropriately.

Facelift after Botox

+1

You can have a facelift after Botox injections. 

Why? Facelifts and Botox do different things.

• Facelifts tighten and remove loose tissue in the cheeks, jaw and neck.
  • Botox temporarily relaxes muscle to remove lines in the forehead and around the eyes.
  • A face lift may tighten the skin around the eyes. Botox helps here - it weakens the muscles so skin heals better. So often Botox and facelifts are done together.

Facelift if yo recently got Botox

+1

of course a facelift can describe a lot of different things.  essentially the only areas that would overlap with the botox is the crow's feet area and that would be minimal.  I don't think you have to wait.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS  drraine.com

Facelift is safe after being treated with Botox

+1

Generally, the upper face is the area treated by Botox, and the lower face and neck is treated by the facelift.  Since the two treatments focus on different areas of the face, that prevents problems.  

However, even if the treatment areas overlap (with Botox used in the lower face), there will not be a problem.  If anything, I would probably recommend you continue your Botox treatments in the future to help maintain the results of your facelift procedure. 

In the setting of a blepharoplasty or brow lift, you will want to discuss this with your  surgeon as that may impact the surgical plan.

Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and facelift

+1

You certainly can have a facelift after you had Botox. It shoudl not significantly impact the result in anyway.  A browlift or eyelid procedure is another story.

Botox and a facelift

+1

Botox addresses dynamic wrinkle lines in the face, most commonly around the eyes and in the forehead. It is very reasonable to do a facelift with a recent history of Botox. If a brow lift or eyelid lift is planned I would prefer to wait.