3 Days Post Bilateral Eyebrow Lift: Eyes Look Slanted

Hi, it is now day 3 after the above surgery on my eyebrows (op day 18th July). My head is still bandaged (going to take off tomorrow) and I have a lot of bruising mainly around my left eye (I have another question posted about the bruising). What is now really concerning me (100% not liking)is that my eyes look slanted! looking through all the bruising etc I can see that the ends look pulled up which has made my eyes look really slanted (they were oval before). s this permanent or temporary?

3 days post-op questions

+2

At only 3 days, my most important recommendation is: be patient.  It is far to early to have any sense of the final aesthetic result.  Almost all 'lifting' procedures involve a certain amount of over correction, so the initial results always look a little over done.  As the tissues relax, the area settles into its final position.  This is the art of plastic surgery, knowing how much to over correct to end up with the desired result in the end. 

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyes look slanted three days after browlift

+1

My best advice to you is to stop looking at yourself in the mirror.  I realize that this is hard to do, especially after you paid good money to improve your appearance.  You cannot tell ANYTHING such a short time after the procedure.  I suggest that you have patience and trust your surgeon and be patient.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Slanted Eyes 3 Days after Browlift

+1

With all due respect I don't understand how one can evaluate a surgical result 3 days after the operation when bruising and swelling are present. I can assure you that your appearance is not permanent.

Post-Op Eyebrow Lift at 3 days

+1

3 days after surgery is way too early to even look in a mirror.  You still have your bandages on, there is swelling and bruising and as with most surgery there is asymmetry in swelling and bruisng.  One side always heals quicker, and tends to have less swelling and bruising.  The other side will catch up.  Be patient. 

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon