Eyelid Veins - Please Help, What Options? (photo)

Hi, I am a 34 yr old male and havedeveloped some visible veins on and around my eyelid area, Ive never noticed them before. Are there any health conditions which could cause such development? I am currently on a course of Flucanzole however I dont necessary think this is related, my eyes have felt a slight burning sensation but it is hayfever season of which I suffer. Im feeling terribly depressed about the state of my skin what if any are my treatment options? Thank you all for any input

Eyelid veins

+1

1064 laser works quite well for these and bigger blue veins. Make sure a metal corneal protector is used  prior to lasering. Experience and knowledge of anatomy is key to avoid lasering the arteries in the area, which can be very very bad.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye lid veins, periorbital veins, laser or injecting eyelid veins, treatment eyelid veins

+1

​Your question is quite common. Many people develop eyelid veins or veins around their eyes.  I am not aware of any specific diseases that cause this but the common factors are hereditary, aging and localized inflammation.  As far as treatment options-there are many.  The fact that there are many options means that there is no one absolute best treatment.  Options include sclerotherapy, topical laser such as 940, 532 or 1064, VeinWave, VeinGogh and Ellman radio frequency.  Regardless of what method is chosen, it is most imperative that you are treated by someone with experience treating veins in this area.

Naples General Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.