Laser After Rhinoplasty and Veinwave?

I had revision rhinoplasty 6 months ago which left me with thread veins on my nose. My surgeon treated them 3 months post op with fcare evrf, a device similar to veinwave. this left me with red marks and the veins are still there. When can i treat them with laser? and can one not be suntanned bf laser?

Laser After Rhinoplasty and Veinwave?

+1

Thank you for your question. I will not treat veins on the nose if a tan is present, and wait until fall or winter to treat them.  I like using a V-Beam Perfecta to do this.  Usually 3-4 treatments are needed for resolution to be present for 6-12 months. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Thread Veins After Rhinoplasty

+1

Vessels after rhinoplasties can be more recalcitrant to treatment.  It may take more than one treatment, and the more common treatment choice is the use of lasers such as the pulsed dye laser of QS-532nm laser. It is always recommended to not be tan before a laser treatment.

Web reference: http://www.gbkderm.com/procedures/vein-treatments/facial-vein-treatments

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser treatment

+1

The pulsed dye laser is often used to treat blood vessels after rhinoplasty. It may require more than one treatment and you are right-you cannot be tan.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.