EYEBROW Droop from Botox in Corrugator Muscle (Treating Frown Lines)...is It Possible?

I had Botox 6 Days ago for frown lines (Standard 5 points of injection), with the two Corrugator injection points being just above either eyebrow. I notice now that my right eyebrow sits a little higher then the left. I am not sure whether the left has drooped slightly, or the right has raised slightly I know Eyelid droop is a possibility when having frown lines treated, but is EYEBROW droop also possible? I am worried the Botox was injected too close to my eyebrow. . When Botox is injected

Eyebrow Droop from Botox

+2

Thank you for your question. It is possible to get drooping of the brows from Botox injection. It is best to follow up with your injector and compare your before picture so can determine the treatment plan. I would also recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Eyebrow up or down from Botox?

+2

Injections where yours were intended would raise brows. It is possible that your Botox  is not fully functional so give it some more time. It is possible that forehead injection soul\d have lowered a brow but probably less likely. Be patient and see your doctor if not happy

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Brow drop from Botox injection

+2

The corragator muscle is interwoven with the frontalis muscle.  The corragator muscle creates the vertical glabellar creases and this muscle is a depressor of the inner aspect of the brow so this muscle will cause an elevation of the medial brow.  If the injection is performed too high or if the  Botox spreads superiorly then the frontalis muscle can be effected and this causes the brow to drop.  

Eyebrow droop not common with Botox

+2

The corrugator muscles and procerus (if you had injection in the midline) are brow depressors, so Botox would create some brow lifting not drooping. It may need to be adjusted if still asymmetrical after 2 weeks.

Richard Baxter, MD

Eyebrow droop from Botox

+1

Check some old pictures of yourself and see what things looked like before - it's likely you've always had some asymmetry. But do wait two weeks and follow up with your provider if things don't appear normal.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and eyelid ptosis

+1

I would suggest following up with your provider. It may be that you just need one side to settle down - and require a touch up where your lid is higher. Botox can take up to two weeks to set up so I'd follow up closer to the 2 week post treatment date. It's also possible that you do have eyelid ptosis (droop) and it would be beneficial for your provider to see so they don't repeat the same treatment in the future.

Sam Naficy, MD

Eyebrow droop from Botox

+1

Wait 2 weeks after your treatment to see your results.  If you are not happy, return to your doctor for assessment.  You may require additional Botox for symmetry.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox treats frown lines but can also raise or lower the eyebrows

+1

Botox works by relaxing muscles. The effect depends on the muscles and their orientation as well as the individual treatment. On some people the frown lines pull horizontally and on others diagonally. Also the forehead muscle called the frontalis may be affected by frown line injections as well. Note the changes and discuss with your doctor. The placement of Botox can be modified next time as they get to know your personal anatomy.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Eyebrow and eyelid droop after botox

+1

Eyebrow droop after botox is possible, but only if it is injected into the forehead (not glabella). Eyelid droop can be caused by injection into the glabella and would present with a weak eyelid  that doesn't stay completely open. Having one eyebrow rest slightly above the other eyebrow can certainly happen after botox, and can be touched up by your injector with additional botulinum toxin to even out your results.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon