I Am 70years Old Had Botox on the Forehead 6days Ago, still See No Change, is That Normal?

Botox Results

+1

Thank you for your question. Botox result can take up to 7-10 days until full effect. It's best to follow up with your injector after 10 days to assess the area if you need more. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

+1

Everyone is different.  A lot of people start seeing changes after only 2 - 3 days but there are others that can take as long as 10 days.  My wife's Botox usually takes at least 7 days to start seeing the effects.

Botox No Effect after 6 Days

+1

Hi Angeline.  If the Botox was going to work for you, some (or all) of the result would be apparent after 6 days.  If your treatment rendered no effects at all, you need to schedule a checkup with your injector.  Without a picture it's difficult to know whether or not you were a good candidate to begin with, but assuming you are a good candidate, you should have seen some effects already.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/botoxInjectionsBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx

No result from Botox

+1

Botox should work within 10-14 days. Photos would be useful and there is always the issue of whether you have had enough product, in the correct location and with the best technique to achieve a viable result. As you are 70, depending on the depth of the lines, Botox may not provide an optimal solution by itself.  For more specific answers, please consider posting photos.

I see no change after Botox

+1

Remember that Botox only works on dynamic lines - those created when you move your forehead, squint your eyes, furrow your brow, etc. It doesn't do much for static lines - those lines that are present even when you're not moving any muscles. I'm only saying this because at 70, I'd imagine you have some of both types of lines, most people do. So if the Botox is not working on the dynamic lines, wait for the 10 days and then see your injector again.

Nothing to Worry About

+1

Don't worry...if you were a good candidate for Botox, it'll help with the wrinkles...problem is that some people have lots of wrinkles when their skin is at rest...with no expression...this becomes more common as we age...Botox doesn't work too well on these permanent creases...may need some filler...like Juvederm or Restylane...but remember Botox takes time to work...maybe up to two or three weeks for full effect...can take a picture every day or so and evaluate you own progress...sometimes a picture reveals improvement beyond what you think...good luck

After 6 days, no change after Botox

+1

Typically Botox can take up to 2 weeks for full effect. I would follow up with your doctor in a week to see if you need more units to the forehead. I usually have my new patients follow up with me after 2 weeks.

Onset time for Botox

+1

Neuromodulators, such as Botox and Xeomin, may take anywhere from 1 to 14 days to produce a visible effect.  Do not panic if you have not yet seen a change at 6 days; it may still happen.  I have seen patients at 10 days who had not yet seen a change and then returned at 14 days happy with their result. 

Sometimes when long standing wrinkles may have "etched" into the skin; that is the wrinkle producing muscles may be relaxed, but there is still a superficial line remaining.  If that remains bothersome, one can be treated with a hyaluronic gel filler, such as Belotero or Juvederm to fill the line.

Wilmette Plastic Surgeon

Botox and forehead

+1

Give it some time...Botox can take up to two weeks sometimes to start working and you should notice some relief. Based on your age, it is often a good idea to start conservatively, based on skin laxity. Too much product would overwhelm the muscle and could cause an unflattering outcome.

Static versus dynamic rhytids treated with Botox

+1

One scenario is that the Botox treatment was effective at relaxing the muscle activity in your forehead (frontalis), but that your skin has already been "imprinted" with wrinkles that are present even when you are at rest.  Think of it like a wrinkled piece of paper - even when no further wrinkles are actively being made, since the paper (skin) is already wrinkled those will be visible even when there is no muscle movement under the skin.

Treatments directed at improving the skin texture will help improve the appearance of the lines.