Styling Eyebrows After Receiving Dermal Filler / Botox (Frown Lines)?

I am a Male and typically style (pluck) the centre of my eyebrows two to three times a week to keep them shapely and separated. My brow is already very thick, so shaving the hairs only causes them to grow back thicker. I have received Botox to treat my frown line, and in 2 weeks I will likely be receiving Esthelis Basic filler to plump out the line. Can I continue on plucking hairs with no adverse side affects? I am worried the pulling of the skin may disrupt the filler.

Styling eyebrows after dermal filler and botulinum toxin

+2

Thanks for your question, jeoff22. You don't have to worry, plucking hairs does not cause side effects with dermal fillers or botulinum toxin. The main relevant restriction is that you can't have injectables administered if you have an active infection at the site of the injection, but it's not likely that plucking hairs would result in an infection.

Good luck with your treatment!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for your question. I would avoid plucking or tweezing the area where you have filler for 2 weeks to let the filler set in. Then you can continue with your normal routine. I would recommend getting laser hair removal between your brows to get permanent hair reduction up to 90%. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Styling Eyebrows After Receiving Dermal Filler / Botox

+1

Both Botox and fillers are injected at depths deeper than a hair follicle. I don't recommend pressing hard on an area that has recently gotten filler for about 24 hours, so as long as you are gentle, it will be fine to pluck even the next day.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Plucking eyebrows after Botox and fillers

+1

Plucking the eyebrows after Botox or dermal fillers is not a problem.  The plucking will not affect either the Botox or the filler, so it is safe to do.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Plucking eyebrows is no problem with fillers

+1

Jeoff, You can go ahead and pluck all you want without disturbing your filler. In fact, you might not want to shave or do too much plucking right before the filler as the numbing cream might be irritating to traumatized skin. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox/Filler and eyebrow grooming

+1

Keeping your eyebrows groomed by plucking will not affect the filler treatment at all. Filler is not topical as you know, and removing hair in the area won't move or change the filler placement unless you are purposefully applying a fair amount of pressure.

Sam Naficy, MD