Eye Surgery - Can the Medial Canthus Be Lowered?

I know the lateral canthus can be raised to give a more exotic look (canthoplasty), but in relation to my face, my lateral canthus is already high enough, and the only way to acheive a more exotic eye whilst keeping my face in balance would be to lower the medial canthus. (My eyes are already too high for my face, so this is my only option). However, I don't know if this is possible?

Lowering the Medial Canthus

+2

Attempts at lowering the medial canthus for cosmetic purposes are truly, "messing with mother nature". Realignment of intercanthal distance with relation to the medial canthus for trauma and/or reconstructive purposes is technically challenging and not always predictable.  Don't ask anyone to do it...... you might find someone who will try.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lowering medial canthus NOT recommended

+1

This is not possible. Let me rephrase this, it is NOT recommended!!!!!  The medial canthal area can be repositioned and is done for people who have poorly corrected maxillofacial trauma or born with craniofacial deformities.  It is a sophisticated operation. The medial canthal area has several critical structures and base on this should be approached with VERY careful consideration.

DON'T DO IT!!

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Bad idea to lower medial canthus

+1

I would be very wary of any surgeon that will alter both the medial and lateral canthii.  In my opinion, the "exotic" look of a raised lateral canthus looks fake  and even deforming in some patients.  Unless you have a special problem, I would not change the canthii at all.

David Shuter, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Medial canthus be lowered

+1

Any thing is possible but is it recommended for a purely cosmetic reason. I think NOT!!! Please re evaluate your position and your realistic expectations.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Lwering the Inner Corner of the Eyes

+1

The Medial canthus can be manipulated in Reconstructive surgery which usually involve cancer, webbing and facial fractures. Because of its relation to the tear duct and attachment to the inner eye socket few, if any, Plastic surgeons would attempt to relocate it for purely superficial cosmetic reasons.

Medial canthus

+1

The medial canthus is usually not manipulated for aesthetic concerns. This is usually performed for extreme cases like bad facial fractures or for children with facial anomalies.

Medial canthus can't be lowered

+1

The medial canthus cannot be lowered for cosmetic reasons due to it's attachment to the nose.   Make an appointment to have your eyes evaluated by to see if there are options.