Under Eye Crepey Skin Wrinkling After Bleph Surgery?

I had a mini-lift with upper and lower bleph - at first my face looked great, but as the swelling receded (it's now been 8 weeks) Im noticing a major amount of crepey wrinkly skin under the eyes, especially when I smile. Wasn't there before! My skin was in good shape before but now I look a 100! I don't know what to do as I have a very important engagement in 3 months, so laser is not an option in this short period of time. I tried a 20% glycolic peel but made problem worse - would microdermabrasion help?

Wrinkles

+2

I still love the CO2 Laser for lower lid skin tightening procedures.  I use the Ultrasonic MIST Therapy machine post-op to help with cleaning and healing!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

Yes, this can happen when fat is removed form the lower eyelid during a lower eyelid surgery.  The best way to deal with the creepy skin is to perform a 30% TCA lower eyelid skin peel or use a Laser.  I would however, wait about 3-4 months before using a laser...a pell could be performed sooner.

The mini lift can bunch skin into the lower eyelid area.

+2

I recommend before hurry to a fix, that you slow down and give yourself a chance to heal more.  If the wrinkly skin persists, there are many options to improving the  lower eyelid wrinkles.  Generally TCA 35 is not quite strong enough for this so I prefer Phenol 89% for the right individual.

Crepey skin not helped by Blepharoplsty

+2

I think you are on the right track with peels and considering laser. The bottom line is that eyelid surgery does not address the fine wrinkling that you see on the eyelid skin. For this you need to have the skin resurfaced. The microdermabrasion will have no benefit. Consider an erbium, fractinated CO2 laser   or 35% TCA peel. You will need some time to recover from these procedures and may need to wait until after your engagement this summer.

Good luck

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid skin wrinkle treatment options

+1

There are various treatment options for lower eyelid skin static wrinkles, including surgical (less aggressive skin pinch method or more aggressive skin-muscle flap resection) and nonsurgical techniques (chemical peel versus CO2 laser).  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment of Crepey Skin Around Eyes

+1

Crepey skin around eyes that is thin and wrinkled can be managed in many ways from using topical creams to using lasers or radio frequency skin tightening (Pelleve). Eyelid surgery may help the skin look better if the there is redundant or excess skin before blepharoplastry. In my practice in New York, I often perform blepharoplasty to remove or reposition fat as well as excess skin and combine this surgery with the use of the Mixto SX microfractinal CO2 laser to improve skin texture and wrinkles. 

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon