Expressionless, I Stand in Front of the Mirror to See Deep Forehead Crease Lines. Most Effective Treatment?

Most Effective Treatments for Wrinkles

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend Botox and fillers to give you the most effective treatment. Botox to relax the muscle movement and the filler will fill in the deep lines. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Botox Cosmetic is your best bet.

+1

Without the benefit of photographs and an examination, Botox Cosmetic would seem to provide the best solution to your problem. As you have made no mention of other areas of concern, it sounds like the brow wrinkles are premature, which calls for a very localized treatment approach. As these deep creases have been caused by years of contracting the muscles across your forehead, Botox injections will temporarily disarm these muscles to stop the involuntary movement and smooth the brow for up to six months. 

Hal Michael Bass, MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Forehead wrinkles and Botox, Dysport or Xeomin

+1

Even without making an 'expression;, you describe wrinkles which are the effect of having these 'dynamic lines' for a while - early treatment would make it better and prevent the wrinkles from becoming more permanent etched lines in the dermis. Botox is a good choice.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Best treatment for deep Forehead Lines

+1

Since the major contributing cause of forehead lines are muscle driven, so called "dynamic wrinkles", the treatment of choice is muscle relaxation through the use of injectable botulinum.  There are currently three agents available in the US, Botox, Dysport and Xeomin.  All are fairly equivalent in expert hands and your physician can explain the subtle differences between them.  All last in the neighborhood of 3 months and give excellent cosmetic results.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Options to treat forehead lines

+1

There are a few options to help improve horizontal forehead creases.  The most common treatment would be using Botox to help.  This is a fairly simple option but the result would be temporary and last for three to six months.  Sometimes laser resurfacing can be done to help if the lines are fairly superficial and not too deep.  The third option would be surgery.  If there is some drooping of the eyebrows, then surgery to raise the eyebrows can help with the creases as well.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon