Emax Veneers Vs Zirconia Veneers?

Hey I had my consultation today and ive got the option of emax or zirconia. With the zirconia being the more expensive. Can anybody tell me whats the difrrences between the 2 id like to make an informed decision? Will the emax still look as good? Which will last longer ? Any help will be much appreciated

Emax or Zirconia Veneers - Best Choice?

+4

EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, EMAX, AND FINALLY EMAX. 

Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist

Zirconia cannot be bonded

+3

Zirconia can only be cemented, so they would be crowns and not veneers.  eMax CAN be bonded, so they can be more conservative, and are VERY strong.  They both will last about the same amount of time.

In MY office, I would be pushing for the eMax.  Zirconia looks too opaque, while eMax can be layered to look more natural.

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

E-max veneers still have superior aesthetics over zirconia as a veneer material.

+2

Advances in the use of zirconia ceramic material have enabled dentists to use this material more in the aesthetic zone and the superior strength of zirconia has always been widely known. While zirconia crown and veneers now have much more lifelike color and contour, E-max remains a much more aesthetic material.

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Emax vs zirconia veneers

+2

In my opinion go with the Emax veneers. Both emax and zirconia are very hard substances, but the emax will look more life like than the zirconia. Most zirconia I see looks very opaque and not very life like. You also have to worry about the interface between zirconia and porcelain, that is if they layer other porcelain on the zirconia. Which will last longer is a good question. It really depends on your bite (how your teeth come together). It also depends on how well your oral home care is? It also depends if you have any parafunctional habits like clenching and grinding.

Maui Cosmetic Dentist

EMAX is great for Veneers!

+2

I concur with all the other dentists about the use of Emax porcelain for veneers. They are really strong and will look great.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Zirconia vs E-max

+2

While Zirconia is stronger, I would definitely opt for E-max on anterior Veneers. They will be strong enough, and will look much much nicer.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Emax or Zirconia for front teeth?

+2

Emax, no question about it. Zirconia is used for crowns. Zirconia crowns look opaque and don’t have natural translucent enamel-like appearance.

Fremont Cosmetic Dentist

EMAX porcelain crowns

+1

In my opinion the EMAX is superior in every way. It is stronger and matches natural teeth better when fabricated by a qualified laboratory.

Henderson Cosmetic Dentist

Emax or Zirconium for my veneers

+1

Emax would be your best option. They are much stronger and look much better than zirconium.  That would be my material of choice.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

E.max superior to zirconia in esthetics

+1

e.max is still the esthetic material of choice for veneers while also offering strength.  Zirconia restorations are very strong but they tend to be less life like and more opaque or chalky looking.  I would recommend e.max.

Columbus Cosmetic Dentist