Why Do I Hear Loud Screeching Noises When I Chew With My New Porcelain Veneers?

It is loud enough it bothers other people eating at the table, even though my mouth is completely closed. The dentist has had me come back twice, for a total of 5 hours, but after all of his grinding and polishing my teeth still screech. Any idea what is wrong?

Screeching noise when chewing

+1

You do not chew with your front teeth so I am not sure that is what is causing the noises you are hearing.  You may have another issue.  If you have been back to the dentist and he is still unable to determine the problem then I would advise you to seek another opinion. 

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Noise while chewing after crown

+1

You 'll need a bite adjustment while you chew. so go to the dentist and ask him to place a cotton on the opposite side, and a bite check paper ( articulating paper ) on the side you have the crown. He/she will find the premature hit and adjust it for you. closing up and down does not cut it.....

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Chewing with Porcelain Veneers should not sound like a noises from a horror movie!

+1

Screeching noises when chewing with porcelain veneers is most probably due to interference with occlusion (bite) when moving in excursive movements which occur during chewing. It is also very possible that the lingual (inside) and occlusal (top) surfaces are not well polished which allows the veneers to make a scratching noise which does not occur with a high polish or glaze.

Gerry Curatola, DDS
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

New Porcelain Veneers and Loud Screeching Chewing Sounds

+1

There is an occlusal problem. You should have your entire bite checked for proper occlusion (the way the upper and lower teeth meet each other in biting and function, as well as in your sleep). Not all dentists are skilled in this.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Loud Screeching Sounds When Chewing With New Veneers

+1

Your bite is off somewhere causing a heavy slide across the porcelain surface creating the unpleasant sound.  The dentist should be able to resolve this for you and should not take hours of adjusting.

Donald L. Wilcox, DDS
Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist

Sounds like a prematurity

+1

Since we chew in an elliptical pattern, it can be challenging to get the bite "perfect".  If there is an area that hits first, a prematurity, then a screeching noise can be heard.  It may take another visit, or a visit to another dentist more experienced in bite issues.

However, bite issues are common with crowns in the posterior and not veneers.  We don't chew with our front teeth.  You may have issues with something OTHER than the veneers.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist