Edema Following Tummy Tuck

I had a Full TT Oct 2010. Healing went great, had no problems at all. Mid Nov I began to notice I was holding fluid all over my body..maybe edema? My PS gave me water pills to take once per day. No results. When I asked for more she refused, and said that the surgery had nothing to do with the water retension,and to cut back on my salt intake.

I have been, and still holding maybe 20-25 lbs of water. I'm puffy, bloated and my hands hurt. Did surgery effect my lymph glands?? What to do now?

Water retention after tummy tuck

You must look seriously for a medical cause for 20 to 25 pounds of water retention.  It does not occur as a result of a tummy tuck but can be related to kidney, liver, or thyroid problems etc.

An internal medicine doctor would the the right person to see.