How Much Does Ear Reduction Cost with No Pinning Back of the Ears?

The upper portion of my ears are too flat and large. I want to have them reduced. When I pinch the upper portion together, that is what I want my ears to look like. How much would this cost? Is it simpler to do than regular otoplasty? What would be the recovery period?

Reducing the size of an ear

+1

This is not a commonly peformed procedure in my experience and typically is used for treating skin cancer requiring removal of the wedge shaped effected portion of the ear with closure of the remaining ear. It can vary in price from 3-5000 USD. 

Cost of otoplasty for ear reduction

+1

An otoplasty ranges from $4,680 to 5,525 depending on whether local or general anesthesia is used for the procedure. Most adults undergo otoplasty under a local anesthesia. It is relatively easy to numb up the ears and undergo the procedure. The otoplasty procedure usually involves pinning the ears back and creating more of an antihelical fold.  

Ear reduction

+1

Ear  reduction as a whole is not to be taken lightly, you can destroy normal anatomy and end up with a notched edge.

you need to have a full examination and discussion of option and consequences.

Your picture may show a wide scapha, this can be reduced. Price will depend on what is really done

Otoplasty to Reduce Ear Size

+1

It sounds like you are interested in reducing the overall circumference of the ear rather than pinning the ear closer to the head. If this is the case, my office here in San Diego charges around $2000-3000 for that type of procedure. I wouldn't say that it is necessarily easier than a standard otoplasty. Recovery would likely take around 7-10 days before you felt comfortable in the public eye again.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon