My Ears Look Brownish After Ear Otoplasty

I am very white and after my otoplasty that I had done 2 months ago and outer parts of my ears are brownish and the skin looks wrinkly and dry, but it's not like dry skin that comes off it's a little bit different and I don't know how to fully explain it. But does that sound normal? What should I do to get rid of it?

Brown ears after surgery

+1

It sounds as if it is simply dry skin or perhaps dried betadine solution. You may want to consider exfoliation but I would first discuss this with your surgeon to avoid disrupting the repair.

Skin discoloration and texture changes after surgery

+1

As swelling resolves after surgery, the tissues often look dry and a bit flaky.  It's also not uncommon for operated tissues to appear a bit darker than normal tissues.  Ask your surgeon for her recommendations specifically. In general, I tell my patients that they can moisturize to help the skin texture.  Massage is helpful for any firm areas as well.  Sunblock is important to prevent additional discoloration of the skin.  A bleaching cream may be prescribed by your surgeon.

Carmen Kavali, MD