Botox for Butt Sweating?

What is the Most Unusual Location That You Have Made Love to Your Wife?"

+2

Hi Big Eye,

Well, as the husband answered Bob Eubanks on "The Newlywed Game" when asked, Where is the most unusual place that you have made love to you wife?"..."That would be in the butt Bob.Botox in the buttocks for excessive sweating is one of the most unusual locations for injection of the neuromodulator.  I have not injected it there, nor have I heard of it used for that indication.  It would likely work.  In my office you would likely be required to pay an additional hefty "location" fee inversely proportional to your ass aesthetics.  You may wish to wait until topical Botox comes out to avoid the injections.  Whether Botox is injected or rubbed on, make sure that whomever performs your treatment does not get too close to your anal sphincter, or you may be in a messy situation, how long?...it "Depends!"  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Botox for Hyperhidrosis

+1

This would be an off-label use for Botox.  You might want to try a limited dose of 50 units per side diluted into 5 cc and injected into the superficial dermis in a grid pattern over the affected area.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Buttocks

+1

Although Botox for excessive sweating is done in the arm pits and hands and soles of the feet, the area of sweating on your buttocks is quite large and I am not sure that Botox would be feasible and would likely be quite expensive

Julio Garcia, MD

Using botox to treat sweating of buttocks

+1

Botox or botulinum toxin is a terrific treatment for excessive sweating, pretty much on most places of the body. I have treated numerous areas safely and effectively with botox, and patients are uniformly very pleased.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Buttocks

+1

Botox has been shown to be quite effective for the treatment of excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis). The most commonly treated areas include underarms, palms and soles. I have successfully injected patients with Botox for treatment of excessive sweating of the face and scalp. In the hands of an experienced injector, Botox injections for treatment of hyperhidrosis of the buttocks may be effective and is worth a try. If it catches on, perhaps Allergan will change the name to "Buttox"!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for hyperhidrosis ( excessive sweating )

+1

Botox has been used for hyperhidrosis primarily of the pams, underarms and soles.  Other areas are treated off-label by some doctors. There can be side effects including muscle weakness of the local area so see an expert in this field.

Ronald Shelton, MD