My eyes weren't always uneven. I did something stupid 6 yrs ago and wore one contact on my right eye for a couple of months. My left eyelid drooped, and my left eye looked smaller than my right eye. Is there anything I can do to make my eyes even again? Brow lift? Laser blepharoplasty?
How Can I Fix One Drooping Eye?
Doctor Answers 29
Droop Eyelid Following Contact Lens Use
I hope you find this helpful.
This is a complicated question to answer without...
This is a complicated question to answer without examining you, as the options for correction of this problem include blepharoplasty, browlift, or even a ptosis procedure (a procedure for a droopy lid). The best advice I can give you is to seek out a plastic surgeon in your area that is familiar and comfortable with eyelid surgery so that he or she can give you the best options for correction, as the eyelids are best corrected at the first procedure. Second opinions are also a good idea in situations such as these-- remember it's your eyes we're talking about, so find the surgeon you're the most comfortable with.
Fixing one droopy eye
You might also like...
A droopy eyelid can be caused by various things.
1. Nerve: nerve damage can cause a droopy eyelid
2. contacts: contact lens wearers can weaken the muscles that lift their eyelids and cause them to droopy
3. Age: Sometimes the muscle that lifts the eyelid can become weak over time
4. Mechanical: If there is a stye or bump on the eyelid from a growth that can weigh down the eyelid and make it droopy
5. Medication: Various medicines but most commonly botox if injected near the eyelid can cause it to become droopy. This wears away with time
6. Allergic reaction: In patients who have eye allergies or even contact lens related allergies, an eyelid can be droopy
The best bet is to see an ophthalmic or oculoplastic plastic surgeon to get this sorted out.
Unfortunately, there is no way to answer this without...
Unfortunately, there is no way to answer this without examining you. "Droopy" means different things to different people so without knowing what the problem is, there can't be a way to present you with appropriate options. To some people, droopy means extra skin that can be improved by a blepharoplasty. To others, droopy means that the eyelid isn't as open as the other which is a condition called ptosis. This requires a separate type of surgery. Please seek consultation with some excellent plastic surgeons in your area to find out what can be done for you.
Unilateral eyelid droop
Eyes Uneven after Contact use? #Ptosis
One Drooping Eye
Eyelid, asymetry, treatement
the asymmetry sometimes get exaggerated with time for no reason.
asymmetry can be diminished and to a lesser degree, corrected completely.
the asymmetry in the eyelids can be secondary to the forehead or the eyelids itself.
we can treat the cause without guarantying perfect symmetry.