Can I Drink Green Tea Before BA Surgery?

To be safe, no

+2

some herbal teas do have ingredients that can affect blood clotting, although mildly and increase your risk of bleeding. Excessive drinking would be worse. To be safe refrain from 10 days before the surgery.

Davenport Plastic Surgeon

Drinking green tea only if it is okay with your surgeon.

+2

I personally don't think any of the biologically active ingredients contained make any difference relative to surgery. This is a personal opinion you need to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Green Tea and Breast Augmentation

+2

Dear Forte,  Green tea contains a number of agents that can act to "thin" your blood and impact the ability of your blood to clot.  The effect of these agents varies greatly from person to person but rather than find out if you are someone who is very sensitive to the blood thinning effects of green tea, it is probably better to stop drinking green tea 2-3 weeks before your surgery.  Better safe than sorry.  Hope this helps.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Green Tea Before a Breast Augmentation

+2

Green tea is among a list of many foods beverages, and supplements that one should be careful with consuming prior to any surgical procedure. Some of these can cause thinning of the blood resulting in excessive bleeding during or after surgery. Although there are no well controlled studies that give specific amounts to limit or when to discontinue them, it is best to avoid all supplements at least one week prior to surgery.

Munster Plastic Surgeon

+2

Dear Forte,

Thank you for your question.  Green tea can 'thin the blood' delaying blood clotting.  This at worst can cause a hematoma and need for re-operation, and at best cause bruising.  Best to avoid anything that thins your blood before breast or any other surgery.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Green tea

+2

I would suggest that you avoid green tea at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Most green teas contain some blood thinning ingredients. Regular tea and white tea would be fine. If in doubt, avoid the herbs until 2 weeks after surgery.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Green Tea Before BA Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question.  Green Tea as well as other Herbal Medications or supplements can cause increase risk of bleeding issues.  It is in your best interest to avoid any products or medication that may cause any bleeding complications during surgery or post operative for at least two weeks prior to surgery and two weeks after.  I would recommend following your Plastic Surgeons advise to get the best possible results and to help diminish the risk of complications.  Best of Luck to You!

Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon